26: NICK

The drive home from The Glass Rose has to be the longest most excruciating twenty minutes of my life. And not just because the traffic was bad, but because Inez sat not a meter away from me whilst I suffered from the massive erection that she gave me.

My will power was running thin around her. It took everything in me to leave her alone on the dance floor. I watched her face drop, the way her hand held onto my chest a second longer than it should have when I pulled away. It was torture.

I then watched her turn around and dance as if that whole encounter never happened. She swayed to the music, that tight black skirt so small my fist clenched at the thought of it rising up. In a room full of people, it wasn't my hard on that was making me agitated, it was her. She was a devil sent straight from hell to mess with me. And God forbid I wish she'd never stop. 

Inez slammed shut the door of the taxi once we reached the apartment building. I paid, since she had paid on the way there, and followed her. My long strides catch up to her in no time, but neither of us say anything. I'm scared if I open my mouth, what will come out will result in me saying something extremely irrational. I don't know how many times I had to say it to myself: I hate her. Always have, always will. But every second that passes feels like another moment I'm throwing away without her body against mine.

The elevator takes it sweet time going up all the floors until it reaches the fourteenth. It's too long to be left alone in a confined space with Inez. Her vanilla and cherry scent intoxicates the elevator. I want to pull her close, devour that scent with my lips, see how many times I can make her come undone in the time it takes for us to reach our apartment.

My eyes trail over to where Inez is hugging her body in the corner of the lift. Her legs are crossed, arms folded as she bites her lip, almost nervously. When she catches me staring, she snarles, just as the elevator pings and then she's storming away from me again.

The apartment is silent when we enter. Not a sound besides our heavy breathing and the distant beeping of cars on the street far below us. We take of our coats and shoes awkwardly, bumping into each other as we manoeuvre the thin corridor. Every time her body touches mine, it sends pulses straight to my dick and I bite my tongue to silence my groans.

I follow Inez into the kitchen. She opens the fridge and pulls out a bottle of wine. Unopened. My bottle of wine. Champagne.

"What do you think you're doing?" I demand as she rummages through out 'everything' draw presumably looking for a corkscrew. And she does, pulling the metal contraption out and twirling it in her fingers.

"Having a drink." She says bluntly. No shit.

She stabs the spiral into the cork of the bottle and my lips flatten. I was saving that but who gives a shit I guess.

"Of the wine I bought?"

The cork comes out with a pop sound and she walks over to the island, jumping up and sitting on the counter top.

"I guess so." She smiles, taking a long swig of the wine straight from the bottle. I watch as her pretty lips circle the rim of the bottle, picturing what they would look like wrapped around my cock. I feel my length thicken again in my pants. This time I do groan, storming forward and ripping the bottle away from her lips to silence my dirty thoughts.

"What the fuck Nick?!" She says as I snatch it away from her grasp.

My eyes meet hers, the fire in the hazel swirls burning fiercely. I hated how much I loved the way she looked at me. It was the same look I give her. The look of complete utter desperation. I take a sip from the bottle, wishing I could drown out the sexual tension with it and return to my room before I did anything stupid.