10: NICK

Times Square was packed for the "Pretty In Pink" fashion show. I'd been here just over a hour and had already been dragged around by Lance to all the so called "pink" carpet to take photos of celebrities who had attended the event. I was surprised by the outcome of familiar faces. I recognised a lot of them from reality TV shows and social media. Even Inez and Jazzy were shocked to see soccer star Elijah Malone posing for the cameras.

"Oh he's so hot. That's coming from a lesbian as well." Jazzy sighs.

I look at Elijah who's smiling at the cameras with perfect white teeth and his dimples showing. He was good looking, as most soccer players were. Talk, dark and handsome to say the least.

"I've met him briefly at a Christmas party once. Safe to say his charm is as good as his looks." Inez says casually. Olly raises an eyebrow, now intrigued by the girls conversation.

"How the hell did you get invited to a Christmas party with the Elijah Malone?" He asks surprised.

"My bestfriend back in DC knows him. Her brother and Elijah are best mates."

"Do you get invited to his games often? If you do and you wanna bring a plus one," Olly gestures to himself, "I'm a big soccer fan myself."

"I've been to one or two. Not really my thing though. And I don't know him that well. We've barely exchanged a few words as a matter of fact." Inez laughs.

I caught myself looking at her a little longer than I should have. Maybe not out of admiration, but definitely out of confusion. Whatever happened in the foyer wasn't me think logically. But it happened.

Regrets: none. Intrigue: definitely.

I saw her blush. And the red painting her cheeks was exhilarating knowing that I'd caused it. Whether I liked her or not, I liked the way she lost her composure. I liked knowing that I had an effect on her cause I knew she hated it.

"Alright. Shows set to start in five. We ready folks?" Lance asks, straightening out his tie. He's dressed surprisingly formal, but I should've known better than not to expect Lance Corwell to turn up to an event wearing a suit.

We nodded, "Inez and Olly, focus on front shots, Nick, focus on the side. Remember, we're aiming to make the front page of New York Looks so don't muck about." Lottie says, flicking through her papers and then staring down at Olly who holds his hands up defensively.

Just as we finished setting up, the lights dimmed and pink spotlights danced across the stage. I readied my camera, looking through the view finder. That's when the camera flicks to the other side of the catwalk and focuses on Inez.

I gaze into the camera, watching her mess about with her own camera. She struggles to focus the lens. I study the way she swears under her breath when a piece of hair falls out of place. She tucks it behind her ear and hides it with her sunglasses, which rest on top of her head. She takes a second to smooth out her bright pink dress before returning her attention back to the camera. Then she looks in my direction. Her eyes meeting mine through the lens. I lower the camera from my face and realise I've been caught out.

I was checking her out and she knew.

Shit. She wasn't letting go of this easily that's for sure. She smirks, a mischievous sly smile which made her eyes squint slightly. I roll my eyes.

I hadn't noticed how long I'd been staring at her, but as the first model walked down the runway in a classic Barbie dress I immediately flick the camera back towards the catwalk. Then I audibly groan, lowering the camera and turning to look at Olly who was laughing loudly and mouthing to me, "You owe me a tenner!"