25: INEZ

It had been a week since Nick had walked in on me dancing in the kitchen to Ugly Heart. One week of utter torture. He took the piss at any chance he got, asking taxi drivers to play the song, humming it to himself when he's making breakfast. He's being an ass and he knows it. Though I guess I should be thankful it was only the singing that he heard. If he walked in just five minutes earlier, he would've heard me getting off very loudly with his name on my lips...

I don't know when Nick became the main focus of my sexual fantasies, but every time I close my eyes, it's him who I see. And I can tell I'm not the only one feeling this by the way he's constantly rearranging his pants when I walk around the apartment in my tight booty shorts. And how he takes especially long showers after those exchanges.

I'm just packing up my things for the day at the office as Jazzy approaches me, a mischievous look on her face. I raise an eyebrow as she takes a seat on my desk.

"There's a new bar opening up uptown tonight. The Glass Rose, I think." She says.

"Cool." I reply, saving the edited photos of Danielle Montgomery to my laptop. The whole of last week had been super hectic for the team, so I had been tasked with editing and refining the images we took just before Thanksgiving. Usually I enjoy editing, but staring at Danielle's grin 24/7 makes my teeth clench. She had given Nick her number after the photoshoot and I'd been too stubborn to ask what he had done with it. The selfish part of me hopes he threw it away.

"Sooooo..." Jazzy says in a singing voice, "we're gonna go check it out tonight. You in?"

I look at her with a dazed expression, "it's Monday."

"Ok. And?"

"And we have work tomorrow?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Ok, one, when did you become so boring? And two, who gives a shit. We start later tomorrow anyway as Lance has a meeting across the city. We can at least get a couple drinks in before we get hammered." I shake my head, still not buying it, "come onnnn. It'll be fun. We can dress up and gossip like we're teenagers all over again. Plus, Olly and Nick are going."

Of course Nick is going. Reckless as always.

"Fine." I cave, not sure whether it was because I actually wanted to see the new bar or if it was because Nick was going. Either way, any excuse to dress up I guess.

Jazzy squeals, "oh my god this is going to be so fun!"

***

Seven PM rolled around quicker than I had expected. I had decided to wear a black mini skirt, a dark red corset top and a black blazer. The fact that it was December didn't cross my mind when I chose my outfit, but even now as I'm standing in the crisp winter air, I can't bring myself to regret my choice in clothing. It was bold but I felt hot. I liked it, and from the way Nick is staring at me like I'm his next meal, I'm guessing he likes it too.

"Why you wearing lingerie? We're going to a bar, not an orgy."

"Can't you just compliment a girl normally Nicky?" I fire back. His eyes roam appreciably down my body and a small smirk tugs at his lips.

"You look like you're wearing lingerie." He confirms, folding his arms, muscles bulging.

"Are you complaining?" I don't know what's gotten me so confident. Maybe I was hoping I'd get a reaction out of Nick when I picked my outfit. Maybe I'm getting that reaction right now.

He rolls his eyes, but his smirk remains glued to his face, however, he doesn't answer me.

"I asked you a question Nick. It's rude to ignore me." His head snaps back in my direction. He swallows, his Adam apple bobbing as he does so.