[ 5 - what if he hurts me? ]

THE DAY AFTER Arachne's death was quiet in the Academy

THE DAY AFTER Arachne's death was quiet in the Academy. Priscilla was led to a room, where she was about to talk with her tribute. She sat at the table in front of Treech. He smiled weakly at her, but Priscilla didn't smile back. She didn't feel like smiling anymore.

She was scared of Treech. What if he'll hurt her? What if he's just building the trust between them to slit her throat when he gets the best occasion?

Nothing was sure. She wasn't even sure if she could feel safe around him and around the tributes. How was she supposed to feed him when she was afraid?

"In spite of yesterday's tragic events, our president has decided that the Games must go on to show everyone the Capitol is unafraid of such acts of terror. To which end, Dr. Gaul wishes you to preview the arena this afternoon with your tributes. Later this evening, there will be a special televised presentation of each tribute to our audience to, you know, get to know them. You will have an hour to discuss strategy. You may begin." Highbottom said.

Priscilla slowly opened a file, taking a pencil. "Name. Treech..." She stopped reading, glancing at him with a questioning gaze. "Shephard." He exclaimed. "District 7... Age?" She asked. "Eighteen." He exclaimed.

Priscilla and Treech filled more of the labels, but the girl avoid more interactions than just exchanging words.

"Family?" She asked. "Mother and a brother. Father died by crashing his head with an ax accidentially. I mean, his co-worker lost grip on his." Treech declared. "I'm sorry." Priscilla mumbled, raising her head a bit to glance at her tribute.

"You have something..." He extended his hand to wipe a dust on Priscilla's face, but she flinched back and wipped it off herself. "Woah, I'm sorry." Treech pulled back his hand.

Guilt washed off Priscilla's body. She wanted to pull out her hair in frustration. This girl had a use to regret almost everything she's done. She picked the words carefully, hoping for them to help her fit in the society. That was the weakness of Priscilla Trinket.

"No, I'm sorry. I just... I'm scared after what, uh, happened to Arachne." She explained. "I get it. I'm sorry about her." Treech sighed. "We weren't even close so..." Priscilla cleared her throat, her voice broken. "I would never hurt you." Treech added after a moment of silence. "I hope so." The girl offered a weak smile, making Treech chuckle.

Suddenly, Clemensia and Coriolanus were called to Dr. Gaul's lab. The raven-haired girl locked her eyes with Priscilla, who gave her a nod and watched as her best friend left.

"I have a brother too." Priscilla said to her tribute after a moment of silence. "He's only eight... He likes to paint, and he's good at it. Even better than me. I'm a terrible painter." She smiled at the memories of her brother's painting. "My brother likes to swim." Treech declared. "But he barely has time for this, because he goes to school and he works in the woods after."