[ 13 - guilt, guilt and guilt ]

PRISCILLA CRIED ALL the way back home

PRISCILLA CRIED ALL the way back home. She felt guilty, even though she shouldn't. Coriolanus was the one who cheated. Maybe if he didn't, Treech would be still alive.

A constant sense of remorse washed over Priscilla, feeling like she could have done something differently to prevent the tragedy. She was haunted by vivid memories of Treech's death, replaying it over and over in her mind even though she didn't want that.

Priscilla came back home, closing the door behind her quietly, walking to the living room. "How was the..." Her mother cut the sentence, when she noticed her daughter's facial expression.

"The Hunger Games are over, Ma," Priscilla whispered. "Treech is dead." Lusitania Trinket walked over to the girl. "So? Who won?" She asked. "Coriolanus." Priscilla declared. "That's why you're sad?" Lusitania chuckled. "Treech is dead, Mom. I let him die." Priscilla argued.

"He's just a boy, Priscilla! And he's district!" Lusitania scowled, sitting on the couch again and grabbing her drink. "So? Why do we allow innocent children to die?" Priscilla asked. "I've never noticed it bothered you last year and a year before!" The woman scoffed.

"Well maybe because I didn't have to meet one of the tributes and make sure they'll survive!" Priscilla raised her tone, not noticing little Epiphanes extending his head from his bedroom.

"Just forget it! It happened. These animals are dead, one of them won! Face the fact! They do that for ten years!" Lusitania shouter. "Do not call them animals!" Priscilla grumbled as she clenched her jaw.

"What do you expect from me, Priscilla?" Lusitania asked, her gaze full of anger. "You have everything! Money, food, bed, clothes, you went to the Academy, and you have a pretty bright future. So what do you want from me? Enjoy your own life! Don't let a dead boy ruin it." She stated. Lusitania's eyes softened when she noticed Epiphanes. "Epi, Sweetheart, go back to your bedroom." She asked softly. Epiphanes quickly disappeared behind the door.

Priscilla knew he was Lusitania's favorite. She loved her son but only raised her daughter.

"A bright future? Sitting here, in the Capitol, becoming a Gamemaker like my father?" Priscilla scoffed. "And what do you want to do? Be a fashion designer?" Lusitania hissed. "Well, if I want to then I can!" Priscilla yelled. "You're a huge disappointment, Priscilla." Lusitania sighed.

Priscilla's heart skipped a beat. All the things she ever did - almost the best marks, good behavior, being friends with rich, Capitolian kids - she did it all to make her mother proud. She never knew what was she going to do with her life after the Academy. She could be a makeup artist. She was really good at it. But no. Her life was meant to be like her father.

Priscilla turned back on her heels and stormed off to her room, shutting the door behind her. She jumped on the bed, bursting into tears.

Everything was falling apart. Clemensia got bitten, Coriolanus won again, Dill was dead, Lamina was dead and also Treech was dead. Priscilla didn't get it. Why was she so worried about his death? Other mentors -except for Lysistrata- appeared to not care much about their tribute's death. Maybe she should do it too?

Priscilla grabbed Treech's band. She moved her eyes on it, rubbing it softly. This was the only part of Treech she still had, except the memories.

•*⁀➷

THE NEXT DAY, Priscilla felt horrible. Her eyes were puffy and red, evidence of the tears she shed. She felt drained and physically exhausted. Her thoughts were clouded with lingering emptiness, and she struggled to shake off the weight of it.

She tried to come back to her earlier life by choosing creative makeup like she always did. Priscilla put on a lot of blue eyeshadow, with glitter on it. Then she got a velvet top in the same color, and black flowy pants and left her room.

The breakfast was already made by her mother, and Lusitania, and Pontius were already eating. "Where's Epiphanes?" Priscilla asked, sitting down. "He's sleeping. We didn't want to wake him up." Lusitania shortly answered. Priscilla nodded, taking her seat.

Scrambled eggs with tomatoes. Priscilla stared at her food, not being able to eat anything. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Lusitania scoffed. Priscilla just sent her a look, before she started eating the meal. "Leave her alone, Lusitania." Pontius defended, taking a bite.

"I'm going to visit Clemensia." She announced. "I thought they released her?" Lusitania asked. "They did. I haven't seen her for a few days." Priscilla shrugged, taking a sip of water. "I'm full." She added after she put the glass down in its place. "You left the half of the meal." Pontius scowled. "What can I say?" Priscilla sighed and left the dining room.

But Pontius went after her. "Listen," He stopped her right next to the door. "I know it's hard because of Treech's death. Everything will be okay, and you're going to be happy. Trust me." He said. "How can I be happy again?" Priscilla whisperer.

She grabbed her black coat, and left the house, heading to Clemensia's. She walked through Capitol's streets, thanking God that her best friend lived nearby.

When Priscilla finally approached the doors leading to Clemensia's apartment, she let out a gasp. The elevator was damaged, so she had to walk twelve floors on her feet. Priscilla softly knocked on the door, the warm face of Mrs. Dovecote appearing when they opened.

"Ah, Priscilla!" She smiled, embracing the teenager. "How lovely to see you, Mrs. Dovecote." Priscilla forced a smile, hugging the woman back. "I assume you came to Clemensia, right?" The woman smiled. "She's in her room." She declared, making a place for Priscilla to come inside. "Thank you." The girl smiled and headed to Clemensia's room.

"Come in," Clemensia said after she heard a knock. A too-familiar face stepped inside. "Pria?" Clemensia gulped, looking up from her desk. "Nice to see ya too." Priscilla chuckled. "Did the Games-" "They're over."

Clemensia let out a gasp. "Who won?" She asked. "Coriolanus," Priscilla mumbled, laying on Clemensia's bed. "Good for him." Clemmie shrugged. "You seriously don't care about Reaper? And that he's dead?" Priscilla scoffed. "They die every year." The raven-haired rolled her eyes, turning to face her best friend.

"But this time, Coriolanus has cheated." Priscilla clenched her jaw, sitting up. "Coryo wouldn't do something like that." Clemensia shook her head.

"Coryo wouldn't, but Coriolanus did. The Coriolanus who did everything to win that Prize." Priscilla snapped. "You wanted to win this Prize too. Treech is dead, Pria!" Clemensia yelled.

The blonde stared at her best friend with confusion and hurt. Clemensia wouldn't say something like that. It must've been the snakes. The poison. Her Clemmie would comfort her even if she had a different opinion on the Games.

"You don't mean it," Priscilla stated quietly. Clemensia's breath became quick, she tried her best to not cry. She didn't know why is she acting like that. But still, she didn't say anything. She was replaying the words she'd said in her head.

"I think it's time for me to go," Priscilla mumbled and left the room, ignoring Clemensia's protests.

₊˚•. ↳ a/n
This is so boring😭 anyways,
I wrote two next chapters (not including the start of Act III) so don't give up on reading!!

I might take a little break after because I want to finish reading some of the books I've started...

As usual, thanks for support. I love you all💕

that's all, xoxo
May:)