[ 16 - reunion of souls ]

"THANK YOU AND have a good night," Priscilla said to the last of their customers

"THANK YOU AND have a good night," Priscilla said to the last of their customers. "All?" Clemensia asked, standing up from her stool. "All." Priscilla huffed. She grabbed the large bag and packed the rest of the clothes, waiting for Clemensia to approach her.

Their way to the cabin was quiet. But not in an awkward way. In a comfortable one. They just admired the beauty of District 7, walking to their new house in peace.

Living in the district was different and the girls could feel it after one day. There were no rich kids, or rich parents who told you what to do with your life. They were free, and the freedom could be sometimes really strange.

Well, freedom was definitely strange for Priscilla Trinket.

Although in childhood she had whatever she wanted, she started to feel like a bird trapped in a cage after she turned seventeen. And even though she couldn't really complain, because she had things like food, pretty clothes and warm water to wash with, she felt like she missed something.

Freedom was what hadn't ignited in Priscilla's life.

She didn't know how long she'd been in District 7. Twenty days, maybe twenty months, or even twenty years. Her dad was unpredictable and even if she tried to understand it was for the better, she couldn't accept the fact he just sent her away without saying a word.

"Have this." Priscilla handed the raven-haired girl their bag. "You going somewhere?" Clemensia asked, opening the doors to the cabin. "I'll take a short walk and then I'll just go give Lyndon the money." Priscilla forced a weak smile. "Okay." Clemensia shrugged and in a moment, she disappeared behind the entrance to their house. Priscilla inhaled a breath and went towards the nearest forest. The sky was turning into a dark one, but it didn't bother her.

Priscilla's thoughts snapped to her family. Was her mother even feeling guilty? Or at least missing her? Well, probably not, and Priscilla accepted this fact. On the day Epiphanes was born, her mom turned into a cold-hearted woman. Lusitania demanded her daughter to be the best. And when she wasn't, she always heard those four words, You're such a disappointment.

And what about her father? He was cruel. How could a man send his daughter away, without her being aware of it? Priscilla did not understand him and didn't want to. Because Pontius knew that her tribute was from this district. He knew how her life changed after his death. Yet, he sent her to Treech's home.

Epiphanes was probably the only one who missed Priscilla somehow. He was ten years younger, such a passionate and kind boy, tore away from his big sister.

Priscilla was supposed to feel free in District 7. But she didn't. She felt like she was trapped and she couldn't breathe. How could she be able to heal in Treech's home? The answer is she couldn't.

And then Priscilla's thoughts went to Lyndon. Right, she had to give her the money. Priscilla touched her pockets, to check if she brought it. With her luck, she probably didn't. Turns out today was different.

Priscilla changed her direction to Lyndon's house, thinking of the woman meanwhile. The Trinket girl thought that being from the Capitol would destroy her future here, in District 7. Yet there was Lyndon, who showed them her warm heart. Lyndon, who treated them like normal people, and didn't judge the book by its cover.

Priscilla noticed someone chop wood next to the cabin, but she didn't see their face so she knocked on the doors, greeting Lyndon's face right after. "Oh, hello!" Lyndon smiled, gesturing for the girl to come inside.

The warmth of the cabin hit Priscilla immediately. The girl did so and sat down at the table in Lyndon's kitchen. Lyndon boiled water for the tea almost immediately, telling Priscilla to stay for a moment.

The blonde gave Lyndon the money, before the woman spoke up, "How's it goin'?" Priscilla looked up at her, and let out a sigh. "There isn't much to tell. We just stick up with each other." She shrugged. "Do you have any news from your family? Which tea?" Lyndon asked. "Green tea. Nobody called." Priscilla gulped. "And what about your family?"

"My husband died from cancer. And I don't have any children. I'm infertile." Lyndon said after a second of hesitation. "I'm sorry." Priscilla scowled, giving the woman's hand a soft squeeze. She never dreamt about having kids herself, but once she realised how great mother Lyndon would be, her heart melted.

"What does Capitol look like?" Lyndon changed the subject, placing a cup with Priscilla's green tea on the table. "It's..." Priscilla started, searching for the right word. "...interesting. I wasn't poor but wasn't super rich either, so... I think that if I had a family I wanted, I would do everything to come back there."

Lyndon opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by someone walking inside the house. "I'm finally done Mrs.-"

And that's when they stopped, maintaining eye contact with Priscilla. The girl felt like fainting. She felt like she died already.

Right in front of her, was standing one and only Treech Shephard, once dead Treech Shephard.

Priscilla stood up from her chair, as she and Treech ran towards each other. His arms wrapped around her waist, her arms wrapped around his neck, both holding onto each other for dear life. "You were dead. I saw you dying." Priscilla whispered, tears running down her face.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Treech sniffled. "How?" Priscilla asked, pulling a bit away to see his face. "Well, there was a man who injected something in my arm right before the Games. It probably made me resistant to the poison. He said his name was..." "Pontius." Priscilla finished. "Yeah. How did you know?" Treech asked. "Just guessed." Priscilla let out a chuckle, still crying.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Lyndon pointed at the two, jaw dropped. "Yeah." They said in sync. "What is happening to this world." The woman sighed. "I'll leave you two for a second. A second" She declared, walking out of the kitchen.

"What are you doing in 7?" Treech asked as he cupped Priscilla's face in his hands. "It's a long story. Lyndon gave us a place to work and live." She declared. "Oh, and... your band was, uh, burned by my mother," Priscilla confessed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Treech huffed, hugging the girl once again. "That's what matters."

₊˚•. ↳ a/n
YALL THEY MET!!!

This is freaking short, I'm so sorry...💔 At lest we've got our babes together again!

Love,

May