[ 15 - cabins and trees ]

THE GIRLS STEPPED out of the train, looking around and searching for Lyndon

THE GIRLS STEPPED out of the train, looking around and searching for Lyndon. "Clemmie I'm scared," Priscilla confessed. "It's gonna be fine." Clemensia encouraged, giving Priscilla a small smile.

"Ms. Dovecote and Ms. Trinket?" They heard behind them. The girls turned around to see a middle-aged woman with a warm facial expression, smiling at them. "Yes." Clemensia nodded, noticing that her best friend probably struggled to say something.

"My name is Lyndon, and my job is to take you to your new home and help you settle into our district." Lyndon smiled. "Shall we go?" She asked, earning nods from the teenagers.

In fifteen minutes, Lyndon led Clemensia and Priscilla to their new house. It was an old, but lovely cabin, nearby a market. The girls stepped inside, Priscilla shrugging at the drastic change of surrounding, while Clemensia made a face.

"So, if you want to fit in, you should probably start working. I arranged for you a work at the market. You can take my clothes stand." Lyndon declared. "Thank you, but how will you earn money for yourself?" Priscilla asked. "Trust me, the possessions from the market will be enough for our common division." Lyndon shrugged.

"Thank you." Clemensia and Priscilla said at the same time. "No problem. I'll come tomorrow morning." Lyndon exclaimed and left the cabin.

"It's... something." Clemensia gulped, looking around their new house. When she noticed that Priscilla wasn't going to say anything, she quickly added, "But if we clean up and make it more cosy, it will be okay."

Priscilla just went quietly to her room, scanning every detail. In one corner of the room, there was a bed with crisp colorful sheets and fluffy pillows. Nearby, there was a wooden desk with a sleek design, complete with a chair. On the other side of the room, there is a small bookshelf filled with a variety of books, showcasing different genres and topics. Next to the bookshelf, there was a closet. Overall, this room combined functionality and comfort, creating a comfortable space.

Priscilla started unpacking her suitcase, putting folded clothes into the closet, when Clemensia bumped into her room, jumping on Priscilla's bed. "Why the hell did I volunteered for this?" She sighed, staring at the ceiling. "I will sell clothes. That's how I ended up." She hummed. "You can also be a lumberjack," Priscilla mumbled. "No thank you." Clemensia scoffed.

"Clemmie what if I meet his family?" Priscilla scowled after a while of silence. "Treech's?" Clemensia asked, sitting up. "I'd faint." The blonde huffed, losing the grip on her dress. "Don't be so dramatic," Clemensia rolled her eyes, but when she realized what she said, she covered her mouth immediately. "I'm sorry. It just... blurted out."

"Listen, we have to try to fit in. It's hard for me too. Look at me, Pria. I'm different. My skin is different. All of it is because of Dr. Gaul. We can start a second life. You're overthinking, they can live on the opposite side of the district." Clemensia hummed. Priscilla slowly nodded, crouching down to get the dress back.

The next morning, Lyndon came for the girls as she promised. She took them on the market and explained how they would work. After, she was going to meet them too and show them the district. So when the girls were done working six hours later, they packed the clothes and headed to their cabin.

"I thought we were going to earn less," Clemensia confessed. "Me too." Priscilla agreed, putting a large bag with the clothes next to the stairs. The raven-haired girl approached the kitchen, opening every cupboard and searching for any food.

"Empty. Just like my stomach." She sighed, closing the last cupboard. "Maybe we'll ask Lyndon if she has something?" She asked, untying her hair.

"Maybe," Priscilla mumbled, selecting the money meant for Lyndon.

The girls left their cabin, heading to Lyndon's. The woman said it's outstanding, because of its white facade and red roof, next to the nearest forest. "I've never seen so many trees." Clemensia gasped in admiration. "Well, there are plenty of trees in the Lumber District." Priscilla chuckled.

The girls finally approached the doors leading to Lyndon's house. Clemensia knocked softly on the door before they heard a come-in. The two walked inside, a scent of cinnamon greeting their noses.

"Ah, hello girls!" Lyndon smiled. "Do you want some tea?" She asked, grabbing a kettle, which was standing on the stove. "I can have a cup. Pria?" Clemensia snapped. Priscilla shook her head, closing the door behind her. Lyndon poured the boiled water into two cups, before turning to her guests with hands on her hips.

"Well, I can show you the center before the tea gets cold." She stated with a smile. "Let's go then." Priscilla huffed, turning back to the door.

The three left Lyndon's house. "Come on, come on." Lyndon gestured for the girls to rush after her. For a fifty-year-old old woman, she was in quite good condition. She showed them where the lumberjacks work, where the people pack wood to the Capitol. They also saw the basic places like schools, mini hospitals, and a place where they could buy food. After all, they came back to Lyndon's house.

"It's gonna be hard for us to fit in, right?" Priscilla asked. "Well, theoretically, yes. I assume you both didn't have to work back in the Capitol, am I right?" Lyndon raised her eyebrow, taking a sip of her tea. Clemensia and Priscilla shook their heads, earning a satisfied smile from the woman.

"There are several jobs here. You can be a lumberjack, wood carver, carpenter, lead climber, load puller... You can also work at the market. I chose that job for you because, no offense, I don't think you could do much as lumberjacks." Lyndon chuckled. Clemensia made a face while Priscilla nodded slowly.

"I promise you that you'll fit in. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in two days, but you will."

And with that, the girls continued to unpack their things, while thinking of the Capitol and their families. Of course, Clemensia told her parents about leaving. But Priscilla didn't know if her mother knew about what happened. Pria wondered if she'll miss her daughter. Will she focus on Epiphanies and leave Pria behind? That was possible.

And Epiphanes? He must be so confused about why wasn't his big sister coming back. But she will be back.

She had to come back to Epi. Her Epi.

₊˚•. ↳ a/n
I'm sorry this is kinda boring and the end is awful, but it's better than nothing:)

Also, Lyndon's face claim is Neve Campbell!

Love you lots🩷!!