Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN - jealousy, jealousy

Shane's PoV

Damn, I look hot. I posed in front of the mirror once more. I doubt Kieran wouldn't get turned on once he sees me wearing this.

Believe it or not, this is the most "unexposed" swimwear I have even though a quarter of my breasts are showing from the long v-line at the center. Maybe I should just borrow Kieran's shirt and wear a regular two-piece bikini underneath.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'll judge either way so might as well wear whatever the fuck I want. Respectfully, of course.

I went outside to our room's balcony and watched the calm waves from the sea. It's been a while since I've been to the beach. The last time I went was when I was still young.

My final memory of my birth mother.

I don't remember her face anymore, but I do remember how soothing her voice sounded when she called my name.

"My dear Anastasia Shane..."

She would brush off the sand off my legs as she held me in her arms, and we watched the sunset together. That was all I could remember.

Sighing, I wonder what my life would be like right now if she was still alive. Would I have still turned out like this? Broken, untrusting, and hated by almost everyone?

Would I have still met Kieran?

I looked at the scar on my wrist from eight years ago when I've almost given up. Maybe, just maybe, I'd still be able to become who I am today. Just a bit unproblematic, I guess.

When I glanced down the shore, I saw two familiar figures standing over what seemed like a washed away sandcastle with all the scattered shells and a huge pile of wet sand. A smile formed on my red lips when I realized who they were.

Ten years ago, I lost the little family I've always wanted to have. Now I get to have them back in my life again. Except Dylan's no longer a sweet little three-year-old girl. She's now a thirteen-year-old movie star whose name is known everywhere.

Both of them looked up to where I stood, but Kieran was the only one happily waving at me. Dylan just stood there with a blank expression.

Does she even remember me? I don't think so.

I went downstairs in hopes to meet with them. This is the moment I've been waiting for since Kieran and I resumed our relationship. My reunion with the brat.

When I got outside, a man, who is weirdly enough similarly looking with Kieran, stopped walking when he saw me. He showed a cheeky smile before approaching, eyeing me from head to toe.

"Naliligaw ka ata, Miss. Private property ito." He said, not even resisting the urge to stare at my boobs while he's talking.

"Oh?" I crossed my arms across my chest to subtly cover them from this pervert's eyes. "Didn't think I'd get caught inviting myself here. Do you mind showing me the right direction then?"

"My pleasure. This way's the exit." The man replied with a wide seductive smile. "Unless gusto mong may access talaga e' 'di sumama ka na lang sa akin. May Christmas family reunion kami ngayon. You can be my plus one."

"No thanks." I quickly replied coldly.

"Harsh naman. Ikaw na nga trespasser e." He walked me outside but somehow made another turn which took us to directly to the other side of the beach. Sneaky bastard. "Oh, look oh. May court pala dito ng beach volleyball."

From what I heard, the only reason why men likes women joining their beach volleyball games is because a couple of other things aside from the ball are bouncing. This man grabbed the ball and proudly showed it to me.