Chapter Twenty Six

A/n: yehey, they're getting married!

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX - Wedding Morning

Shane's PoV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The wedding dress I'm wearing looked weird. Might be from the fact I never thought I'd be wearing one.

My marriage to Vincent wasn't a big one. Tita Veronica was a court judge, so she was the one who married us. I preferred it that way back then so it would hurt less.

Even a bad bitch like me can feel like a princess wearing this beautiful dress. It's simple, yet it screams my character. It's a floral lace vine wedding dress. It's sleeveless and it has a long mesh skirt that reaches the floor.

Kieran and I decided to hold our wedding in a small chapel. It's nice to only have a few guests invited. It's mainly his family and colleague that are invited. For my part, it was only my friends: Priscilla, Melanie, Victoria, and Andy.

I decided against Kieran's suggestion to invite my family too. That's the last thing I want. I never wanted to see any of their faces again.

"Mommy?" Kumatok si Dylan sa pinto. "Are you ready?"

I looked back at my reflection again and smiled. He's going to lose his mind when he sees me for sure. Of course I'm ready to see that.

"Come in, love." I told her, and she came in wearing a white Chanel dress that I got her. A garland sits on top of her head. "You look amazing!"

"Of course I do, Mommy. Thank you." She said before gasping at my outfit. "You...you look like an angel!"

"I know!" I said, squealing with her in excitement as I gave her a hug. We stared at our reflection in the mirror. "I can't believe I'm marrying your father today."

"Well, I can." She looked up to me. "Noon ko pa alam na ikaw ang papakasalan ni Papa. Hehe."

"How come?"

Dylan cheekily smiled, "I just knew."

-

It was terrifying to stand in front of the chapel doors waiting for it to happen. Bloody hell, I didn't think it'd be this nerve wracking.

I fixed the hem of my dress and straightened my posture. Ten years ago, if someone told me I'm about to marry the love of my life, I've probably given them my middle finger.

When the doors opened, I could hardly see the people who rose from their seats when I walked in through my veil. But my eyes were set on the man standing on the other end of the aisle with his hands clasped behind him.

My heart started pounding faster and louder when I met Kieran's gaze. He wore a gray tuxedo and a huge teary-eyed smile. A carnation flower in his breast pocket. It's impossible to fall more in love with a person every passing day, but somehow I make miracles happen.

The pianist started playing his rendition of Love on the Brain when I made my march towards him. Somehow it took me years before I finally arrived in front of my groom. When I did, he kissed the top of my hand and guided me towards the preacher.

I tuned out of whatever the hell this bald man with a cross-necklace is saying and mostly focused on how handsome my groom is. His hair was swept back and his eyes never left mine.

"The bride and the groom will speak their own vows." The preacher announced.

I looked at him in surprise, "What?"

"You'll say your own vows to each other." The preacher repeated.

"Why? I thought you had that already prepared for us?" I asked. I didn't know we had to make our own vows?!