Chapter Thirty

A/n: susulitin ko na ang updates bago matambakan ng deadlines. I'll probably post Shane's Playlist II soon too.

CHAPTER THIRTY - Aconite

Third Person's PoV

The moment she realized that she might be pregnant, she immediately went straight to someone to tell him the news. Of course she had to drop off Dylan first at her photoshoot before driving there. Max is under Lim and (unfortunately) Andy's care.

When he saw Shane standing before him, his lips broke into a wide smile.

"I might be pregnant." Unang bungad ni Shane da kanya nang nanlalawak mga mata. Halos lumuwa din mga mata ng lalaki sa narinig niya. "I...I don't know what to do. That's why I'm here."

"Tangina naman, Shane. You can't just show up at my house randomly and say that!" Reklamo ni Vincent saka umatras para bigyan daan paloob si Shane. Tulalang naglakad papasok ang babae, hindi man lang niya napansing may tao rin dion. "Gary, I promise you hindi ako yung ama."

Kumurap lang si Gary bago tinabihan si Shane na namumutla pa rin sa gulat. Nagkatinginan yung dalawang magkasintahan. Hindi nila alam kung anong sasabihin sa kanya.

"Kailan mo nalaman?" Mahinahong tanong ni Gary kay Shane. "Are you okay? Do you need water? Vincent, give her water please." Kalmadong utos niya't sinunod naman siya agad.

"I...I d-don't know. I thought it was Divine's poison a-and..." nauutal si Shane. It took her a minute to compose her thoughts. Then she realized who she's talking to. "Oh, Gary. I didn't know you're here." Yinakap niya yung lalaki't bumeso. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any inconvenience—

"No, honey, you're fine." Gary assured her with a smile. "Vincent and I have been living together ever since the divorce. Tita Veronica was displeased, which was of course already expected, but she didn't say anything about us living here."

"Really?" Shane beamed. "I'm so happy for you two. Finally, you came out of the shadows."

Nahihiyang ngumiti si Gary at napatingin kay Vincent na may dalang baso ng tubig.

"Here." Iniabot niya 'yon kay Shane. "By the way, thanks for not inviting me to your wedding."

"Vincent!" Suway ni Gary. Umirap lang si Vincent sa kanya. Masama ang loob niyang hindi siya inimbitahan sa kasal hanggang ngayon. Kahit na dati silang mag-asawa, naging magkaibigan din naman silang dalawa. Natural lang dapat na imbitado rin siya. "Don't mind him, Shane. We both agreed that the reason why he wasn't invited was because you had to consider your husband's feelings. I'd be really pissed too if Vincent invited an ex to our wedding."

"So you're not going to invite me too?" Ngising tanong ni Shane bago uminom.

"I'll invite you, of course. Honey, you're the reason why Vincent and I are together in the first place." He and Vincent exchanged meaningful glances to each other. It warmed Shane's heart. "Anyway, back to the pregnancy issue. Are you sure na ba talaga na buntis ka?"

"I haven't taken the test yet." Sagot ng babae.

"Putangina naman, Shane. Nagpa-panic ka tapos hindi mo pa pala nakumpirma?" Reklamo ni Vincent at tumabi rin sa kanya. Pinaggitnaan nila ni Gary si Shane na naluluha. "Bakit ka ba umiiyak? 'Di ba dapat masaya ka kasi magkakapamilya na kayo ni Kieran sa wakas?"

Huminga nang malalim si Shane, "Need I remind you that he was the doctor that falsified my records just so we could get a divorce?"

"You didn't have to remind me. I kept thanking him since that day whenever I see him. But that was before you two got back together." Shane's silence baffled Vincent. "What happened?"