Chapter 33

Just a friendly reminder that I take my payment in comments, votes and follows. 

Your Truly, 

TheUntamedWord

________________________________________________________________

Gaia sat on their bed, she shot up at every sound, hoping that Levi had finally cooled off and returned to her, but it never was him. Her nerves were all over the place, she wanted the relief of him returning, but at the same time, she did not know how to explain what happened. 

She crawled off the bed and started pacing in the room. How on earth would she explain that while in the middle of their very heated moment, Eren somehow connected with her? It felt as if she was shocked with lightning, not good, not in the way that Levi made her feel. 

Especially after their heart-to-heart, speaking of trust and then look what happens. 

She shrugged on a coat on top of her casual dress, choosing to look for him for the third time tonight. It was apparent that he was not anywhere in the building, she had almost searched all the cupboards in the building as well, not that she would ever admit that to anyone. The scouts would find a way to make fun of his height after hearing it anyway. 

She looked out the window at the roofs of the buildings,

"He might even be watching me right now," she muttered to herself, she remembered the hurt in his eyes. She wished that he would come back and yell at her. Or even come back and let her eyes be on him as they always were.

"Probably not," she admitted as she stepped out of the door and walked to the stables, his horse was still gone. That means wherever he was- it was not here, he would not just leave his horse to run without him when he was not needing to fight.  She was not about to go back to their room and cry, she had finished all of the books Armin had left for her to read, and she was not about to go back and re-read the one that he left for her to read for "fun". It was a murder mystery and she did not want to even think of the contents of the book as she stepped out of the gate into the dark night. 

A chill ran down her spine as she walked down the poorly lit streets. Hanji, Armin, Jean, and Eren would kill her if they knew what she was up to, they had always told her never to leave the gates of any place they had kept her in. The shadows bent as her imagination started playing with her. Armin always said that having this "imagination" was a good thing and she should try to use it often, but she could not agree with him when the houses and their shadows started looking like faces, large faces... She laughed dryly at the thought, 

"Imagine being afraid of a titan," she said to herself, trying to remind herself that she, herself was a big titan, whom titans feared...but it has been so long since she transformed... what if she somehow was only human now? That would be a good enough reason to fear titans. But they do not even move at night...but then again there was an incident that was reported that they could... She tried to convince herself that it was an irrational fear, but her body did not seem to get the memo, as she felt sweat forming on her brow. 

Titans were not the only creatures she had to fear, humans could be just as scary, especially when Levi was not with her. With that, she made a point of walking in the opposite direction of a bush that looked like it could fit a full-grown man in it. She had to be just as careful with humans, they despised her. They all look at her as if she is a monster, Eren has tried comforting her many times, telling her that everyone has had a history with the titans and she never grew up among them, which makes her mystery and where they are from mystery is bad.

"I did not ask to be here, they cut me from my body and brought me here, I could have stayed outside of the walls," she mumbled to herself, but she could taste her own lies on her lips, she knew full well that she would break down the walls to be with Levi, right from the moment she met him. Which is exactly what he did not want right now. 

"Why am I even here?" she asked herself, almost breathlessly, only noticing that she picked up her speed and breathing was becoming slightly difficult. Levi clearly does not want to be found, and she would have heard a horse by now. She looked down an alley, where the lamp was flickering, it looked like a scene from Armin's book had somehow materialized right in front of her. As the shadows crept and bled into one another, the erry silence made any small sound, sound terrifying. She stood and stared at it making sure that none of the shadows were actually moving towards her...

"Right, so this place will have nothing to do with me," an unfamiliar shrill in her voice, made it quite apparent that despite how far she was trying to push it down, she was afraid. She turned slowly, watching the shadows, to see if anything would dare make its way to her.

As soon as her back was to the alley... 

She ran like her life depended on it. Which she felt like it did, she was convinced that something jumped out of that bush and was on her tail. Her hair whipped behind, adding to her fright, she could not tell if it was her hair or someone after her, the blood rushing in her ears was not making it any easier for her. Her lungs were killing her, she was not one of the trained scouts. She always knew that despite Armin's soft teachings, Mikasa's quietness, Hanji's overt affection, and Jean's face, they were all strong and lethal, all trained to kill. She, on the other hand, spent most of her days lounging around next to Levi or reading for Armin. She hated this, her legs were burning... 

And this godforsaken bush never seemed to leave her vision.

...Wait... the bush...again? 

she turned her head and glared at the leaves that seemed to taunt her. 

Just then she bumped into something... or into someone. 

"Are you lost, little bird?" he asked adjusting his hat, grinning down at her. 

______________________________________________________________

Guess whoooooo