Chapter 17

**Chapter 17: "A New Dawn, A Shared Path"**

Shehnaaz Pov:

The night draped us in tradition on the terrace, Sidharth's hand seeking solace in mine beneath the shimmering lights. "Sana, humein yeh secret rakhna chahiye. Humare studies puri hone tak," Sidharth whispered, his eyes a mix of relief and uncertainty.

"Haan, Sid. Humare rishte ko humein dheere dheere samajhna chahiye. Shaadi ka toh humein kuch samajh nahi aaya abhi tak." The moonlit terrace turned into a sanctuary for our confessions. I unraveled my dreams, intricately woven into the fabric of medical ambitions, and Sidharth listened, his gaze silently promising to stand by me in the journey ahead.

"Sid, yeh sab kuch kitna ajeeb hai. Mera sapna, mera career... aur phir yeh shaadi," I whispered, the moon bearing witness to the vulnerability in my words.

Understanding emanated from Sidharth's nod. "Sana, hum dono toh abhi dost bhi nahi hain properly. Shaadi ka decision thoda jaldi ho gaya. Let's take our time." Under the moon's silver embrace, our conversation delved deeper into personal struggles, aspirations, and the intricacies of relationships.

As dawn approached, the challenge loomed—sharing our decision with our families.

Facing my family, I echoed sentiments akin to Sidharth's. "Maa, Papa, mujhe wapas college jaana hoga. Next posting start hone wala hai aur Sidharthka bhi ek upcoming symposium mein paper presentation hai uski bhi tayyari karni hai." Puzzled expressions softened into acceptance, respecting my decision.

And as the sun rose, we began our travel back to college in Agra.

We opted for a flight, and the initial few minutes of our flight went by in silence, as i enjoyed the plane finding its path between the clouds.
Sidharth broke the silence, initiating a playful conversation.

"Sana, agar tum ek phool hoti, toh kaunsa?" Sidharth , i rolled my eyes at his attempt to tease me . We chuckled and thus began our playful game of 20 questions.

Our laughter echoed through the plane, creating an atmosphere of comfort. The questions ranged from the lighthearted to the profound, each one revealing a new layer of our personalities.

"Okay, Sana, dream destination?" Sidharth asked, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Switzerland," I replied, imagining the pristine snow-covered landscapes.

"Why Switzerland?" he inquired, genuine curiosity in his eyes.

"Because it's like a dream, Sid, just like my dreams of becoming a doctor," I shared, a hint of vulnerability in my voice.

The questions continued, becoming a dance of revelations. Sidharth's wit met its match in my candid responses. His one-liners turned our journey into a symphony of laughter.

"First crush?" I inquired, attempting to turn the tables.

"Ah, Sana, that's a secret I'll save for another day," he grinned, leaving me in a fit of laughter.

As the plane touched down, Sidharth, still in his playful mood, quipped, "Tumhare answers sunke lagta hai ki pagal ho tum!!." I rolled my eyes at his teasing, a playful smile on both our faces.

In Agra, Sidharth dropped me back at the girls' hostel. Our journey was not just a physical distance but a bridge between marital formalities and a blossoming friendship. The unspoken promises between us shimmered—a tale of understanding, companionship, and the magic when two souls decide to forge a new path together.