Chapter 21

**Chapter 21: "Ruthna-Manana: The Silent Symphony"**

The sterile scent of the hospital seemed to intensify as Shehnaaz Gill navigated through the bustling corridors. Today was different; a subtle tension lingered in the air. A week had passed since their return from Punjab, yet not a word had been exchanged between Sidharth and Shehnaaz.

In the heart of the surgery ward, the rhythm of medical discussions mirrored the silent storm within Shehnaaz. As fate would have it, she found herself amidst the hubbub, a silent spectator to Dr. Sidharth Shukla's lecture. His authoritative yet reassuring voice echoed in the room, dissecting a complex medical case.

Post-lecture, the hospital corridors provided the stage for the unspoken drama. Shehnaaz, gathering her courage, approached Sidharth, her eyes reflecting a medley of emotions. "Dr. Shukla, that case was quite intriguing," she ventured, attempting to bridge the growing gap.

A subtle smile graced Sidharth's face. "Did you find it interesting too? It's your first experience in surgery."

The exchange felt scripted, the familiarity of professional conversation hiding the underlying unease. As they stepped into the sunlight for a coffee break, Shehnaaz felt a pressing need to express what lingered unspoken.

"Sidharth, ek baat poochun?" she began in , a mixture of frustration and longing coloring her tone.

Sidharth, sipping his coffee, nodded encouragingly, "Haan, bolo."

"Yeh sab... kuch khaas nahi lag raha aaj kal. Hum dost hain, lekin aapne toh ek hafte se bhi nahi bola kuch," she voiced her concerns with a subtle sarcasm and an underlying sadness.

Sidharth, sensing the turbulence in her emotions, responded earnestly, "Shehnaaz, hum toh abhi dost ban rahe hain. Shayad thoda time lagega."

However, Shehnaaz couldn't easily shake off her emotions. "Dost banna toh thik hai, lekin ek doosre se kyun chipa rahe hain? Har baat ke liye time toh lagega hi, par yeh chipaapanti kyun?" she questioned, her eyes searching for answers.

Sidharth, his gaze softening, tried to explain, "Shehnaaz, samajho... yeh thoda naya hai hum dono ke liye. Aur shaadi ke baad aise changes aane mein time lagta hai. Thoda sabr rakho."

Her eyes, however, mirrored an unsatisfied longing. The dialogue between them became a complex symphony of emotions, each note yearning for resolution.

As the day progressed, the corridors echoed with medical discussions, but within Shehnaaz, a silent storm raged. A desire for understanding, a yearning for connection, manifested in each step she took. She tried to focus on her studies, drowning out the silent symphony playing within her.

In the evening, the hospital's atmosphere underwent a subtle transformation. The energy of the day softened, yet within Shehnaaz, an unspoken tension heightened. The moment arrived when Sidharth and Shehnaaz found themselves alone in a quiet corner, surrounded by the fading echoes of medical activity.

Shehnaaz, her eyes revealing the vulnerability beneath her strong exterior, finally spoke, "Sidharth, kyun aise chhupa rahe ho humein? Kuch kehne mein kya harz hai?"

Sidharth, aware of the mounting distance, took a step closer, "Shehnaaz, main jaanta hoon yeh sab naya hai. Par humein ek doosre ko samajhne mein waqt chahiye. Shaadi ke baad aise changes aate hain."

The conversation unfolded in a delicate dance of emotions. Shehnaaz expressed her need for openness for a bridge to traverse the growing gap. Sidharth, realizing the importance of their words, began to unravel the layers of his thoughts.

With each passing sentence, the symphony within them started to harmonize. The unspoken emotions found a voice, and the dance of understanding, though intricate, began to unfold. The corridor, witness to their unspoken dialogue, held a sense of anticipation—a melody waiting to transform into a harmony.

In the quiet yet profound moments that followed, Sidharth and Shehnaaz discovered that sometimes, it's in the pauses between the words that the most profound conversations take place. The journey of Ruthna-Manana had begun, setting the stage for a new chapter in the silent yet evolving story of Sidharth and Shehnaaz.