Chapter 26

**Chapter 26: "A Rose Amidst Colors"**

A week gracefully slipped away, leaving the campus buzzing with anticipation for the cultural fest. As Rose Day unfolded, vibrant hues painted the surroundings, setting the stage for a celebration of love, friendship, and an array of emotions.

In the midst of this kaleidoscope, Shehnaaz emerged, donned in a mesmerizing pink dress that seemed to embrace her with a magnetic grace. The fabric clung to her contours, emphasizing her elegance. Dark waves of hair cascaded with effortless allure, and a delicate silver chain adorned her neck, adding a touch of sophistication. As she moved through the festivities, a soft glow seemed to radiate from her, drawing admiring glances from every corner.

Amidst the sea of colors, Shehnaaz found herself at the center of attention. Aditya Singh, a spirited UG student from her batch, approached with a bright yellow rose in hand.

**Aditya:** (smiling) Hey Shehnaaz, yellow rose for friendship. What do you say?

Shehnaaz's eyes sparkled, and a warm smile graced her lips. The pink of her dress mirrored the rosy glow on her cheeks as she graciously accepted the rose. Aditya and Shehnaaz engaged in light-hearted banter, blissfully unaware of the subtle currents rippling through the fest.

In the shadows, Sidharth observed, a silent spectator to this floral exchange. As Aditya lingered around Shehnaaz, a twinge of jealousy tightened its grip on Sidharth's heart.

**Sidharth:** (gruffly) Mere se aap baat kyun kar rahe ho? Jayiye, jaiye, aapke Aditya ke paas jaaiye.

**Shehnaaz:** (playfully) Kya baat hai, Mr. Shukla? Aap toh jal gaye lagta hai.

**Sidharth:** (smirking) Haan thoda sa. Aaj kal mere flowers ke competition mein lag gaye lagta hai.. aap jayiye aap k Aditya ka paas.

Shehnaaz laughed, blissfully unaware of the storm brewing within Sidharth.

**Shehnaaz:** (teasing) Arrey, mere Aditya ne kya lagaya hai? Maine kya godh liya hua hai?

**Sidharth:** (jealously) Godh liya hai kuch bhi. Humare beech mein kyun ghuss raha hai?

As the fest unfolded around them, Shehnaaz, sensing Sidharth's unease, decided to diffuse the tension.

**Shehnaaz:** (smiling) Arrey baba, it's just a rose. Aur waise bhi, aap mere best friend hain na?

**Sidharth:** (softening) Haan, best friend. But phir bhi, yeh Aditya kaun hai?

**Shehnaaz:** (grinning) Arrey baba, just a friend. Tum na bade possessive ho gaye ho.

Their banter continued, a dance of words amidst the vibrant festivity. The campus echoed with laughter, connections formed, and roses exchanged, creating a spectacle of unity and camaraderie.

As the fest reached its zenith, a voice cut through the lively atmosphere, capturing everyone's attention.

**Arti:** (*calling over a microphone*) Sidharth sir...

The fest paused for a moment, as Sidharth turned towards the voice. Arti, with a glint of mischief in her eyes, beckoned him over. The fest, born from chaos, now held the promise of unexpected turns and hidden surprises in the chapters yet to unfold.

As Sidharth approached the stage, the fest's energy heightened. Arti, holding the microphone, smiled mischievously.

**Arti:** (loudly) Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for our amazing senior, Sidharth Shukla!

The crowd erupted in applause as Sidharth took center stage, his eyes meeting Shehnaaz's. Arti's invitation marked the beginning of a sequence of events that would unveil new layers in the tale of Sidharth and Shehnaaz, promising twists and turns that would leave an indelible mark on their shared journey.