~prologue~

Annalei was born in Nobleton, Canada on October 12, 2004 and grew up with her 2 brothers Adam and Luca. She was raised in a family that loved hockey so she obviously has loved it since she was younger. She was raised as the only girl and was always in the same friend group as her brothers, that was until she met her best friend Nova in 4th grade at a hockey end of season party, Nova being there for her brother Matt and Anna being there for Adam and Luca, and they have been friends since and tell each other literally everything that happens in their lives, as best friends do.
   Anna played hockey until she got hurt in middle school. She decides to play volleyball her freshman year alongside her best friend, Nova. Anna got really good at volleyball in just 4 years, she was an outside hitter, and got a scholarship to play volleyball at Umich when it came her senior year.  Nova, the libero for their team, also got a scholarship to Umich to play volleyball. The girls were captains for the varsity team their senior year and even played club volleyball together. Anna and Nova room together and are always together, they have a few of their classes together so they will study for those classes with each other.
   Anna is in college to be a photographer and sports journalist. It has been a dream of hers to be a part of a media team for a team in the NHL. Annalei has good grades because she wants to earn this job and studies really hard to make sure she can accomplish her goals.

  Anna and Nova have already met the entire team and are friends with most of them when this book takes place, because it is their sophomore year!

*i hope you enjoyed this little backstory i created for Annalei! next chapter will be the official start of the book and will be the start of Anna's sophomore year journey at Umich!