chapter 4

Annalei's pov

(at Dylans's dorm)
  "Anna we gotta go" Rutger said knowing I would regret staying late when I woke up the next morning due to being in the car all day. "Ok Rut only because you said so" I say as I walk off to go say bye to everyone. On the way back to my dorm with Rutger I want food so I ask him... "Rut" "Yeah Lei?" "Can we please go to Mcdonalds?" "Yeah, but we have to go to my car first we can't just walk" "Okayyy" I said dragging out the y.  On the way to Ruts car I realize how cold it gets in Michigan in the late summer into fall. "Lei do you want my jacket it's cold out and you don't have a jacket?" "Thank you Rut!" I say as he puts his jacket on me. As we get in the car I text Nova and tell her I will be home late.

(texts with Annalei and Nova)

anna💍
nov i wont be home until
late tonight me and rut
are getting food

nov🫶
have fun bby text me when
you are on your way back

okkkkk

(in the car)
I connect to aux as soon as the car is turned on and I shuffle my Taylor playlist, we start singing along to the songs and then Cornelia Street comes on and it is one of my favorites so I start singing it and we pull up to a red light and I make Rut sing it too, I know he knows the lyrics because I pretty much played it on repeat until he knew it when we met our freshman year of college. We get to McDonald's and I get a strawberry milkshake and chicken nuggets and Rut gets a sprite and cheeseburger. On the way home we played the same music and ate our food and sang our songs and I also texted Nova that I was on my way back. As we get to our dorm building Rutger gets out first and he comes to open my door. We walk back to my dorm and I open it with my key and invite Rut in, he comes in and its now around 12:30am and we end up talking about our summer until 1:00am. When he is leaving I give him a hug and tell him it was nice to see him and I thank him for everything tonight. Tonight was truly one of the best nights I've had in a while.

*i LOVE this chapter sm i think its my favorite so far!