chapter 14

Annalei's pov

  As we get to the party Nova comes out to meet Rut and I, and Luca is slowly dragging behind her with a beer, a familiar looking bottle but I can not make out what it is, in his hand. "ANNAAAAA!! I missed youuuu so muchhh!" Nova says dragging out a few of the letters due to her pre game drinking with Luca and a few of the other guys. "I missed you too but every time I was at our dorm you were not there and every time you were there I wasn't so it just didn't work out." I say.  Luca, Nova, Rut and I finally all walk into the sophomore house and as soon as I walked through the door Ethan was there and already wanting to do shots with me. "OH SHIT MY SHOTS BUDDY IS HEREEE" Ethan says pretty much announcing it to the ENTIRE house and everyone that was at it. "HELL YEAH ETH YOU KNOW IM ALWAYS DOWN FOR SOME SHOTS" I say matching his energy. Ethan runs in my direction and when he gets to me he grabs my wrist and drags me to the bar as I am in a full on fit of laughter as he is just so slightly chuckling at my laughter fit. As he grabs my wrist I feel a heavy pair of eyes on us and I turn around to see who was so obviously staring at us and when I finally meet the eyes of who it was I realize it was none other than Rutger, when we make eye contact I crack him a smirk and he starts to bite his cheek holding back a smile but it was very obvious he was doing so and I wave and mouth to him to come over to watch me but then one of the football players that he is friends with and he blocks my view so I can no longer see Rut anymore. After pushing through a crowd of drunk college students Ethan and I finally make it to the bar, if you will even call it a bar because it is quite literally an old white fold up table that was probably in the closet and the only thing that was making it a bar was the fucking insane amount of different varieties of alcohol mainly cheap beers and seltzers but also so much vodka and other types of mixers and even a huge bottle of whiskey. Ethan and I do about 6 shots until I feel like I need to go get a breath of fresh air. I tell Eth I need to go outside and he says thats perfectly fine and he walks me over to the back porch even though I have been to this house many times, he just wanted to make sure I was ok. "I'm gonna go back inside now you let me know if you need anything ok" Ethan says to me like a caring but strict dad. "Ok dad" I say as a joke but I am actually very thankful for that. Ethan sassily rolls his eyes and goes back inside. I look around at the green grass and the sort of sunny Michigan sky that is slowly getting darker due to night coming soon and I take in the cool breeze on my bare arms and legs. As I look around I see Mark and Rut talking about something, I cannot hear or lip read a single word so I choose to stay where I am until  I see a girl walk up to them and grab Rut even though I have never seen her before I get jealous and her and Rut walk away together but I brush it off and just sit there with my airpods in.

HEYYYY IM BACK I TOOK A BREAK BUT HERES THIS LONGISH CHAPTER WITH A BIT OF A CLIFFHANGER