Remaining Time

It was the middle of the night in Konoha with all the villagers sleeping peacefully. Expect for Boruto who was laying on a bed, playing video games. The memory of how he hurt Sasuke constantly appeared in his mind.

~

Two days later in the middle of the day, Boruto was in front of the Flash Burger, staring at the building. He had a small smile on his face but then his smile turned into a sad one. Boruto looked down at the ground then turned to the side to continue his walk when a voice came from behind him.

"Boruto. It's not like you to walk by without going in." He heard Mitsuki's voice and turned his head to look at him. "No appetite?" Mitsuki asked him with a smile on his face. Boruto turned completely to face him.

"That's not it, but...you get sleepy...after you eat right ?" Boruto answered him with a sad expression, not even once taking his eyes off the ground. Mitsuki looked at him shocked as Boruto continued to stare at the ground with a gloomy face.

~

Sarada and I were looking for Mitsuki and Boruto. We went to the training ground and entered the stands where we saw Mitsuki alone. I was a little surprised and sad about it, hoping to see Boruto. My sister and I stopped at the top of the stairs.

"It's rare seeing you here by yourself. Where's Boruto ?" At the sound of my sister's voice Mitsuki turned towards us. "Seems Boruto hasn't been sleeping for a while." Mitsuki immediately expressed his concerns to us. "W-what ? Since when?" I asked, looking at him worried as my sister looked at him in surprise. "Apparently since he got back from defeating the Otsutsuki."

"Is he still bothered by what happened to our dad's eye?" My sister now asked. "That's not it." Mitsuki rejected this suggestion. "If he falls asleep, Momoshiki might take over his consciousness. The next person he could hurt might be you or someone close to him." As he said this, I noticed Mitsuki looking at me. "He told me that's the reason why he can't sleep." Sarada placed her hand on my shoulder as I frowned at Mitsuki's words.

~

The sky was orange now, the sun was slowly setting. Mitsuki and Sarada were now leaning on the railing and talking about the situation with Boruto. "This is annoying, isn't it? Being unable to do anything..." Sarada spoke up and Mitsuki nodded at her words.

"Sarada!" They looked up to see Sumire walking towards them. "Boruto didn't come by here, did he?" She asked as she looked around. Sarada pushed off the railing and faced her friend, Mitsuki doing the same behind her. "Damn it! He's making everyone worry about him!" Sarada said with concern. She then sighed and closed her eyes. "That idiot!"

"Wait...where is (m/n)?" Sumire asked them as she noticed my absence. Sarada sighed again at this and smiled softly. "My brother went to look for Boruto. He's the only person that may help him."

"Let's hope it'll go well."

The three of them looked at each other worriedly.

~

I reached the top of the mountain with Hokage's faces where i finally found Boruto. I saw him sitting on the rock with his elbows on his knees, looking out at our village.

"Finally! I found you!" I smiled and started walking towards him. Boruto got scared and quickly stood up when he saw me. "(M-m/n)! W-what are you doing here?!" I sighed and moved closer to him. "You shouldn't be here." He looked at me with sadness. I frowned at this and stood in front of him.

"I-i came to check on you. Everybody's worried about you. I-i'm..." I moved my gaze from the village to look into his eyes. "I-i'm worried about you." At my words his eyes softened and a small smile appeared on his face. I smiled too, my cheeks turning red. Hesitantly I moved my hand to hold his, Boruto seeing this, took a step back from me. His smile disappeared and he shook his head.