Chapter 2

Y/N's POV
After going through the portal before ending with ablinding light, I find myself in another unfamiliar place. This just might be Dreamland.

All I saw there was the green meadows, currently swayed by the wind, that surrounded the road that I'm currently standing on. The azure-colored skies were covered with funny-looking swirly clouds. The trees' branches looked linear and had a sprial pattern on them.

I'll admit, this world is full of surprises. Funny ones, to be exact.

Then, just when I was about to take a literal step forward, I heard the rumbling sound a huge explosion coming from afar. I looked around to see where it's coming from. It was coming from a castle that's far away on a huge hill.

As I dashed to the sound of the explosion, I saw dark hearts falling down from the sky. The energy they're giving off is really sinister. Even A LOT more than sinister. I picked up the pace, hoping I wouldn't come in contact with one of them.

I went to a nearby tree and hid under it to shield myself from the evil-looking hearts. Just then, I saw a cute pink puffball-looking creature, sleeping under the tree I'm under. I got closer to him to wake him up.

"Hey! Wake up!" I shouted. He still won't even wake up, even when I try and shake him awake. Then, a pair of pink hearts started floating right towards us. Luckily, they weren't ominous like the others. It's like they were... helping us.

Just then, the little puffball woke up and looked at me. Oh my GOD! He's so cute. I just wanna squish him!

"Hey... Are you okay?" I asked him. "Poyo," he replied back. To be honest, it was difficult to get what he's saying, but, hey, the way he talks is just soooo adorable!

"Okay... I'll take that as a 'yes', I said. Before I was about to say anything else, a group of cute orange waddling creatures were heading somewhere together, taking a bunch of food with them.

"Okay, now I'm VERY confused right now..." I mumbled. Just then, the little puffball took me by the hand, and took him with me. It seemed like he wants me to follow him to the food-taking mob to find out what they're up to. I agreed, and went along with him.

Just then, a voice started ringing in my head saying, "You must travel with Kirby to rid Dreamland of the disaster." I then looked at the pink puffball named "Kirby," and nodded. I have a feeling this adventure is going to be one wild ride.