Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s POV
That's weird. Does Kirby know this guy. More importantly, why does he ask him to pick up the sword standing there like that? But wait... Something's not right here.

Right before I was about to say anything, Kirby immediately picked up the sword at the mystery guy's request. He lept down from the cliff and drew his sword.

"Uh, Meta Knight? You okay?" King Dedede asks the masked person. He didn't even try to answer the question, but all he did say was, "Enough talk. Let us fight."

Ash noticed this, and looked at his yellow partner. "This one's gonna be tough. You ready, buddy?" He said. "Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed as he jumped from his shoulder, and into battle.

He starts making the first move by slashing a couple of times to create a homing crescent slash, but luckily, we were able to dodge it in time. We started to find the opens where his guard is low and start attacking.

I started attacking with Star Bubbles,
Kirby and King Dedede were swinging with their sword and hammer, and Pikachu attacked with bolts of lightning.

Once we did enough damage, the familiar dark energies started to surround Meta Knight, and his eyes changed from a golden yellow to an ominous purple. It's just as I thought. The dark heart took over him as well. He then started to split himself into four of him.

"There's, like, a bunch of him now! What are we gonna do?!" Goh yelled, panicking. To be honest, finding out which one is the real Meta Knight is enough to wrack my brain. But I had a different plan in mind.

"I think I have an idea. We just have to attack the clones individually until we find out which one is the real deal," I suggested. The others nodded at my idea, and we all got to attack them all individually.

We were each putting up a good fight with each one of him. It was tough, but we're still hanging on. Suddenly, the four Meta Knight's all flew up at once. They were probably planning a big attack.

Then, rocks filled to the brim with dark energy started floating up in the air, and they were all about to land on the ground. We all dodged out of their way right before they were about to hit the ground. They were all formed in stacks.

Each Meta Knight then started to cut down the boluder stacks with just one cut, but then ended up getting their swords stuck.

This was our chance to attack. We all unleashed as many attacks we could. I started to cast a new spell: "Milky Way!" I swung my staff, and fired a beam full of stars at all of the Meta Knight's.

As expected, the dark heart flew out of him, reverting his dark eyes back to yellow. I then used Heart Healing to heal him back up. He then looked around, confused.

"Kirby? What happened?" He said. I went up to him to give him the run-down of everything that happened so far. He nodded in understanding.

"I see. So, those hearts full of malice were the ones responsible. It seems I was careless," he said. "Very well. I will join you to find the ones who are creating those hearts. Will you accept?"

I nodded without hesitation. Suddenly, just before I was about to take his hand, we felt a rumbling underneath our feet. We looked around to figure out where it's coming from, and we saw a huge floating fortress above us.

"What is that?!" Ash exclaimed. "No idea," Dedede said, staring at the fortress. I don't know why it's here out of all places, but I have a feeling that we might be able to find our answers from there.

To be continued...