1.

June 1st 2023

Carson's POV:

Today was finally the day I got to see my best friend after two weeks of spending time at home with my family. I had hastily packed last night, hoping I got everything I would need for the two months I would spend at Sadie's lake house. 

My mom had dropped me off at the airport for a 10 am flight, where I quickly made my way through security and found myself a nice coffee shop to sit at and wait for my plane. 

After half an hour of waiting, finally I was called to board, becoming even more unhappy with the thought of having to sit longer on a cramped airplane. Lucky for me the flight was just under two hours, touching down in Michigan just after 12 pm. 

When I was able to locate my luggage after watching the belt go around for what felt like a good 30 minutes, I quickly grabbed it and made my way outside where I was pleasantly surprised with my best friend standing outside of her black jeep waiting for me. 

"AHH Carson, it's been so miserable without you these past two weeks!" Sadie screamed, forgetting that we were in public. Before I could respond she came crashing down on me in a huge bear hug, one that I could tell she learned from the way her brothers probably hug. 

"Sa-Sadie! I've missed you too but currently struggling to stay up right" I managed to get out. Sadie quickly stepped back apologizing and letting me put my luggage into the backseat before we repeated our hug, me being able to actually participate this time. 

After a good twenty second hug, Sadie and I were ready to roll, her hopping in the driver's seat and I in the passenger. Her playlist immediately started playing, both of us belting out the lyrics to Cruel Summer. 

Twenty-five minutes later we pulled into a long driveway, approaching a house that I would die to live in all year around. Jumping out of the car and retrieving my stuff from the back, I followed Sadie into her gorgeous home. 

"Mom we're home" Sadie called before walking up the stairs for me to follow. I heard a small "ok" come from somewhere in the basement. 

"Since there are enough bedrooms for all of us plus an extra for you, you can have the guest bedroom tonight and tomorrow" she said, opening a door and allowing me to go inside.

"This is awesome. Thank you" I replied, taking in the room around me.

"Of course. At the lake house, since my brother's friends are coming about half way through, we'll share a room so that they can have more room" Sadie said rolling her eyes.

"It's not like we've never done that before" I giggled.

Sadie left me to unpack a few things, retreating into her own room, and telling me we could hangout downstairs after I got settled. 

- TIME SKIP TO AFTER DINNER -

Sitting on her bed, Sadie and I were going through our photos from the first part of our break. 

"I don't remember if I told you but my brothers are coming tomorrow. I don't know what time. But I am pre-warning you. They are a lot to handle" Sadie said, emphasizing the last part.

I laughed, being excited to meet her brothers. 

"I've never had siblings before, so it'll be fun for me to experience something like it" I replied, already giddy at the thought of living with a big family. 

"Don't speak too soon Carson. You haven't met them yet" Sadie said, shaking her head and laughing.

I laughed with her, shrugging my shoulders and awaiting the arrival of the three brothers.