7.

June 10th, 2023

Carson's POV:

Slightly groaning from the mini headache I have, I roll over searching the night stand for my phone. 4:45 am is the time that lights up on my screen. 

Great! I slept for five hours last night. Rolling over and trying to make myself comfortable again, I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. Realizing that I'm not going to be able to, I quietly stand up and throw a hoodie on. 

Wanting to see the aftermath of last night, I silently make my way downstairs to the basement and see the mess in front of me. Glasses and bottles everywhere. Chips crushed on the ground and wedged inside the couch. 

Sadie and the boys won't be up for hours and I don't want Jim and Ellen cleaning this up I think to myself. Deciding that I'm going to clean up the entire basement, I take the hoodie I just put on off and go upstair to look for a bin I can put all the glasses in. 

First bringing up all the glasses and loading them into the dishwasher, I search for trash bags and a broom to clean up the chips. 

Starting at 5am and ending at 7:15am, I am spent. Cleaning up all the supplies I used, I retreat back to my bed, finally ready to fall asleep again. 

- TIME SKIP TO 9:30am -

I wake up this time to Sadie shaking my shoulder. 

"Carson, we gotta go clean up the basement before mom and dad get mad" she whispers to me.

Groggily sitting up, I stare at her before saying: "I already cleaned everything up."

Giving me a confused look, I stand up and lead her down to the basement where the mess that was there four hours prior is no longer in site. Turning to give me a hug, Sadie says thanks about 20 times before we start walking back upstairs for breakfast. 

Bumping into all three brothers at the top of the basement stairs, Sadie quickly and quietly tells them that the basement is clean and to not bring up anything from last night. 

Looking away from Sadie and at the brothers, I notice Quinn staring at me. I'm gonna have to talk to him about last night I think to myself. Not right now, but sometime soon. 

"Kids, breakfast is ready." Ellen calls from the kitchen. Thankfully allowing me a break from Quinn's eyes. 

While enjoying the breakfast Ellen made for us, she suggests we all go shopping in town together. No one else having anything better for us to do, we agree, being told to be ready to go by 10:30.

Sadie and I head upstairs to get ready. We switch the order this time, me going into the bathroom first and then choosing my outfit. Brushing my hair and throwing it into a claw clip, I decide on no make-up today just curling my lashes and applying some mascara. 

Switching with Sadie I go to the dresser, first picking out a pair of blue washed Levi jean shorts. For the top I decide on a baby pink square neck crop top, layering a few pieces of jewelry on my neck and fingers. 

Waiting for Sadie I start scrolling on my phone seeing a notification pop up from Quinn.

Quinny