3.

June 3rd, 2023

Carson's POV:

Waking up at 6:30 was extremely difficult. At least Sadie had helped me pick out my outfit the night before, explaining the sibling tradition of taking the boat out the first day they got to the lake. 

Slipping on my light purple bikini and topping it with a pair of black jean shorts, a white tank top, and a Cincinnati Bengals hoodie, I made my way downstairs with my suitcase to put by the front door. 

To make the morning go faster, Ellen packed breakfast for all of us to eat in the car, allowing me more time to get ready. 

Quietly running back upstairs, I washed my face, did my skin care, and dug through my backpack to find my glasses. 

Retreating back downstairs, I bump into Jack who is carrying his luggage downstairs. 

"Do you want help? I already put mine by the front door" I say to him.

"No, no I'm good. Thanks. I'll take your stuff out to the car" he says, face slightly turning red.

"Oh thank you so much Jack" I reply before continuing down the stairs. 

Jack's POV:

Quickly rushing down the stairs, careful to not drop anything, I made my way out to mom and dad's car loading not only mine but Carson's suitcase as well. 

God she looked good in those glasses I thought to myself. 

Pulling out my phone to check the time and making sure I have everything I'll need for the trip, I slip into the passengers seat, wanting to sit next to Carson for the four hour drive we had ahead of us. 

I didn't even notice Quinn walk up to the car until I heard him knocking on the window. 

"What are you already doing in here?" he questions, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Dude, have you seen Carson this morning? I already claimed my spot next to her for the four hours" I reply, smug smirk on my face.

Quinn scoffs before replying: "Get over yourself Rowdy. She's probably into older guys."

"I am older compared to her, Huggy" I taunt back. 

Rolling his eyes and walking away, I roll the window back up, remaking myself comfortable in the seat and waiting for everyone else to file into the car.  

Carson's POV:

By 7:15 all the siblings, including myself, are in the car ready to start the journey. Setting up my phone, I'm ready to start the long four hours to the lake house.

While driving through town I spot a Dunkin, immediately pulling into the drive through line. Looking behind me to see if anyone wants something, I am met with heads tilted back and wide open mouths. Looking over at Jack I notice him also looking back at his siblings, sneakily taking a photo of the three. 

Turning back around I ask Jack if he wants anything. Having him tell me what he wants three times, I give the lady mine and Jacks order before pulling up to the pay window. 

Trying to grab my card out of my wallet, I feel a hand placed on top of mine. Looking over at Jack I see him shoving his card towards me.

"Here use mine" he says, moving the card closer in my direction.

"Are you sure Jack? I'm buying something too." I ask.

"Yeah I'm sure. I can spare $9 for some drinks" he replies, allowing his grip to loosen on the card as I take it in my hand. I thank him and hand the lady the card, us getting the drinks in return. 

Pulling out of our little detour, I follow the map for the next two hours before kindly nudging Jack with my hand and asking him if he could open up the food Ellen had packed for my breakfast. 

Holding out my hand he slowly handed me pieces of fruit and then opening the granola bar for me and handing me that. 

Overall, I thought the four hours were pleasant. Quinn, Sadie, and Luke basically sleeping the entire time and Jack keeping me company up front. Offering a couple times to take over driving if I wanted. 

- TIME SKIP TO LAKE HOUSE -

At last the lake house was in sight. I could see Ellen and Jim already unpacking their car, having arrived fifteen minutes before us. 

Pulling into the driveway and turning the car off, I hop out and just gawk at the house in front of me. Even more beautiful than the house they actually live in. 

Sadie, having not talked to me at all during the trip, ushers me inside and up to our shared room. Talking excitedly about getting the boat out and wake surfing. 

After we are both fully unpacked Sadie and I run downstairs where lunch sits. Quickly devouring our plates and cleaning up, we return upstairs where we strip of our normal clothes leaving us in just out bathing suits. 

Grabbing towels, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. Sadie practically bulldozes her brothers doors down, yelling at them to get their asses up and outside so we can start our boating day. 

Sadie and I were the first two down there, impatiently waiting for the other three. All together the boys walk down to the boat, dressed in their swimming trunks. 

"Alright ladies and gents. Who is ready for the annual Hughes first day of the lake house boat trip?" Quinn asks before pulling the tarp off the boat and getting in. 

"I definitely am!" Sadie screams, jumping into the boat and making it rock from the sudden movement. 

Before I could even take my first step on the boat I find Luke offering his hand to me. "Here Carson. Let me help you. Don't want you to slip and fall" he says giving me a small smile.

"Thank you Luke. A true gentleman" I reply, giggling at my response. 

Having all of us boarded the boat, Quinn started her up and we were off. My first of many boat rides this summer. I couldn't wait.