24.

September 24th, 2023

Jack's POV:

Of course the tickets I booked last month are non-refundable. That's why Luke and I are trudging through the airport at 6am right now. 

Luke and Quinn both screamed at me by text and in person, Quinn FaceTiming me immediately after he saw the photo was posted. 

They were both currently ignoring me which was fine by me. I haven't slept in days, huge dark circles lining the underside of my eyes. I look like a fucking raccoon. 

Luke decided he would be the one to text in our group chat with the boys since everyone was actually mad at me and would probably not respond. 

"Quinn's boarding now, Trevor and Alex are both boarding in five minutes" Luke tells me, while we find out seats on the plane.

Nodding my head I slip in next to the window, making myself comfortable. I'm gonna try and sleep on this flight so I don't look as dead when we get there. 

Luke's POV: 

Jack looks like dog shit. I know he wanted to get some sleep on this flight but we just touched down and I don't think I saw his eyes close once. He's beating himself up over what he did. I just hoped it doesn't affect him hockey wise. 

Both of us get up and grab our bags, walking off the plane towards the end of the terminal. Since I'm tall I was able to spot Quinn, Trevor, and Alex easily. "Hey guys. What's up?" I ask them, going to bro hug Quinn first. 

I give them all a hug before they turn towards Jack. "You better fix things first. Then I'll give you a hug" Trevor says with a straight face. 

Jack just nods his head and starts walking towards the exit. Calling an uber for the five of us to share, we tell the driver to take us to the Ohio State Campus. 

The drive is about 15 minutes. We hop out and turn towards Alex who's supposed to be the one with room information. 

"They're in some dorm called Blackburn" he says.

I nod my head and start walking towards this guy waiting by the light. "Hi excuse me. Could you point me in the direction of Blackburn Hall?" I ask. 

"Uh yeah. Go straight until the white building there and turn left. It'll be on your right" he says. 

"Thanks" I tell him with a smile. Turning back around I tell everyone to follow me. I listen to his directions and find myself in front of a beautiful building. 

"They live here?!" Quinn asks. 

"I guess so. What room number Alex?" I ask, walking towards the main door. "Uhhh I think 214" he says.

As I walk towards the door, two girls come through, so I run to catch the door after them. We decide to take the stairs up and locate 214.

Alex pushes his way through saying he wants to be the one to knock. Covering the peep hole with his hand he knocks three times. 

Rustling is heard behind the door and Sadie flings the door open with an annoyed expression on her face. "Wh- ALEX!!" she screams, wrapping her arms around his neck and jumping on top of him.

I see Carson get off her bed and start walking towards us. 

"Boys! What a surprise" she says with a smile on her face as she comes to embrace me first. "We just missed you guys so much" I tell her as she pulls away. 

"Quinny!" she happily says hugging him next. 

"And we wanted to see Michigan vs Ohio" Trevor adds on as Carson moves to him next.