9.

June 23rd, 2023

Carson's POV:

It had been a week since I kindly told Luke I didn't like him after he took me on an amazing date. And unlike with Quinn and I where it was kind of awkward for a few days after, Luke and I have gotten closer I think. 

The two of us were currently laying on the couch comfortably entangled in each others arms. In a friendly way. We were watching episodes of Hannah Montana, nothing else on TV interesting us. 

Both our heads turned towards the staircase as Sadie bounded down them, quickly turning the corner into the living room. 

"Luke, Quinn says you need to go and tidy up your room before Trevor and Alex get here" Sadie tells him, flopping onto the couch next to us. 

"Well tell him that Trevor and Alex aren't allowed in my room. So I won't be cleaning it" he replies, wrapping his arms tighter around my blanketed body. 

"Whatever. You tell him yourself" Sadie huffs, crossing her arms. 

"When are they getting here" I ask. 

Checking the time on her phone Sadie tells me Jack is leaving for the airport in 15 minutes. 

"Oh so soon" I say. 

Sadie nods her head and we both turn back to look at the TV.

- TIME SKIP TO JACK GETTING BACK HOME -

Carson's POV:

All three of us were still lying around on the couch when we heard the door open. Immediately I could hear whoever walked through the door before I saw them. 

Quickly untangling himself from me and scrambling up, Luke jumps up and leaves towards the voice, screaming "TURCS". 

Laughing and following after Sadie, I lean against the table so I'm in view of who just arrived but not crowding their space. 

After everyone has finished exchanging hi's and hugs, Sadie turns to me expectingly. 

Looking confused at first but then catching on, I straighten up and give a small wave saying: "Hi! I'm Carson its nice to meet you."

"Oh come on Carson. You get a hug to obviously" the rather loud one says.

"Thats Trevor", Luke tells me, "and this is Alex" he says nudging him with his shoulder. 

Before I can say anything to the two boys, Trevor is already wrapping his arms around my shoulder, bringing me in for a hug. 

Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around his waist, before shortly after he lets me go. Luke has a slight smirk playing on his lips while I see him staring at Jack, who looks a little worked up over something. 

Ignoring this and stepping away from Trevor, I offer to make lunch so they can go say hi to Quinn.

While I get lunch ready, Luke helps by setting the table and talking to me. 

- TIME SKIP TO AFTER LUNCH -

Carson's POV:

Starting to collect all the dishes from the table, Quinn suggests we go out on the boat for Alex and Trevor's first day here. Ellen and Jim left yesterday so we get to do whatever we want now. 

Being told to leave the dishes until we get back, I hurry up the stairs to pick out my bathing suit.