Chapter 1: Seeds of Friendship

Sakura was currently looking at the photos of Kyoko Honda, and her own parents. Kaito and Mako Suzuki.

This is what they'd look like with Sakura.

Sakura gazed at her family photo and saw her mother Mako and her father Kaito

Sakura gazed at her family photo and saw her mother Mako and her father Kaito. She sighed and then held Tohru's picture of her mom.

Sakura: Well, mom, dad, and Kyoko, look after our home for us please. Don't worry about us, we're doing fine. If you call living out in the forest in a large tent and camping every day is fine.

Tohru: Sakura-chan! Come on! We're gonna be late!

Sakura: For gosh sakes, Tohru. We have an hour before it starts.

Tohru: But don't you wanna explore this place?

Sakura: You're right! Let's go! Bye mom and dad! Bye, Aunt Kyoko!

Tohru: Bye, mom! Bye, Aunt Mako and Uncle Kaito!

The girls lived together in a giant tent which Sakura bought for Tohru. Sakura came from a big and rich family while Tohru's mom used to work for Sakura's family's company, Suzuki Motors. Originally, the Suzukis planned on getting the both of them an apartment or house of their own. But Tohru refused because it was too much for her and too generous. So they decided to prepare a room in the house, which would take a while.

Sakura never went camping, but she always wondered what it was like, so the Suzuki family decided to buy them a camping tent and gear for the two girls. Sakura picked out the tent, which was bigger than Tohru expected. After a bit of dealing, Tohru decided to get Sakura's tent as long as she cooked and cleaned for a week. And the Nakamura family, the one from Sakura's maternal family, taught them how to camp.

Sakura would often be the finances for the two, but she still worked with Tohru. Not as much since her family was still alive, but they worked jobs still. As for Tohru, she was the main housekeeper. Which fit well since Sakura was used to having many people do her work, but she could live with one person while she pitched in. Tohru was not used to having someone be a financial backer who wasn't her parents. But when Taro and Hanako, Sakura's grandparents, offered to pay the tuition for both girls, she agreed as long as her and Sakura stayed friends, and Tohru would accept help from Sakura.