Chapter 3: Sense and Insensibility

In the morning, Sakura wakes up in her room and prepares for another day in the Soma family house. Her alarm clock rings and she presses it and wakes up. She puts on her uniform, takes a shower, and then goes downstairs where she runs into Yuki.

Sakura: Hi Yuki!

Yuki: Oh, hey Sakura.

They still didn't forget last night. Yuki accidentally ran into Sakura and her towel came loose. But she grabbed a bathrobe and they talked about her feelings. She then gets the ingredients for breakfast and prepares to make food.

After a bit of time, she finishes the food, and prepares for school. As Yuki packs up, she decides to help him out as well.

Sakura: Hey Yuki? I know you hired me and Tohru as housekeepers, but how about I teach you how to cook and clean? After all, we're not always going to be around.

Yuki: Sure. It's a bit early. I might still have time.

Sakura: Ok. Come on. We'll start with pancakes. Fresh or frozen?

Yuki: Fresh.

Sakura: Ok. Then.

She get some in some flour, eggs, and milk and a bowl. Sakura then gets Tohru's cookbook and teaches Yuki how to make pancakes. First up was whisking the mixture until it was homogeneous. Sakura did this easily, but Yuki needed some help. He made a small mess which she quickly cleaned up.

Sakura: Uh, need a little help?

Yuki: Ok.

She teaches him how to stir the batter and soon, he was able to stir it perfectly. He quickly got the hang of making pancakes after that, and he had a few messes or mistakes, but soon, his pancakes got perfect.

Yuki: How is it?

Sakura: Amazing!

Soon, Tohru comes downstairs and smells something delicious

Tohru: Hi, Sakura-chan and Soma.

Yuki: Hi, Miss Honda.

Tohru: Pancakes?

Sakura: Yep. Made by me and Yuki. I'm teaching him how to make this so once we leave, he doesn't have to go back to takeout.

Tohru: Oh, great!

Sakura: Don't tell Kyo. He needs to eat, and I highly doubt Shredder will make something Splinter likes.

Tohru: Who's Shredder and Splinter?

Yuki: Splinter is a martial artist rat, and Shredder is a human who detests Splinter. They're from a cartoon Sakura likes to watch.

Sakura: Not to mention, he uses claws like a cat. So, it fits them well.

Kyo: Good morning Tohru, Sakura, ratboy.