Chapter 1: The Day Before

All day I have been scared. My old friends are coming back home after spending almost a year in LA. They are youtubers, known as the Sturniolo Triplets. They had been dreaming of their jobs since we were kids. My brother also dreamed of doing it with them, but he never went through with it. I on the other hand, never wanted any job of media. I was always more focused on school than dreams. I guess that's why Nick called me boring my whole life. My brother is very excited though, his best friends are returning. See, me and my brother moved to Boston when we were 3 years old. We are twins and my dad moved to Boston for his job. My brother came home one day saying that he had 3 friends coming over and me being me didn't ask much just asked that they weren't loud. However, I went into the kitchen and saw Chris standing there. He introduced himself and I went on, then less than an hour later I ran into Matt who I thought was Chris. I of course got scared and ran into my brother's room just to see another one, who so happened to be Nick. I found out at that moment that the 3 were triplets. I guess my brother forgot to mention that in the paper. I became best friends with them though, mostly Nick. Nick and I were closer than me and the others. I also kept my distance from Chris. I had a tiny crush on him but once Matt got older, I started crushing on him as well. I never wanted it to come to that, but it did. I felt guilty every day and I kept it away from my brother. I guess that's why I'm not as thrilled about them coming home. I, however, do miss Nick and can't wait to see him again and as bad as it seems, I wish the other two would just stay there. I missed them too, but it would do all of us better to not deal with the old past feelings. Its currently 8:49 pm almost 12 hours until they return and I'm already getting worked up about it. "Hey baby you need to rest." my dad said coming into my room "I can't." I said with no emotion. My dad comes in and sits in front of me " I know your nervous and scared, but I'm sure they haven't changed." I looked up at him " it's not that its" I stop before I can say more. My dad looks up at me. My dad knew, he always knew. My dad was like my mom in a way. My mom passed when I was a kid. That was a lot of the reason why we moved. My dad did well stepping up into my mom's place. I felt like i had one while I didn't. " don't let your feelings play you, they aren't always on your side." my dad said as he patted my back and stepping out of my room. I get up and sit at my desk. I look out of my window, which is in front of matts old room. We had a Taylor Swift thing kind of going on. We would always talk through the window. I sometimes find myself looking at his window and seeing him talking to me. Once they moved, they cut most contact with us in order to protect us if anything it didn't do much. I still felt like i lost my friends. I look at my phone to see my best friend Melody, sharing a reel with me. It was of the triplets of course. She had been sending them throughout the day trying to make me feel better at the point nothing really helped. I was beyond lost.