Chapter 5: Rough Night

I turn around and head back upstairs. As I go up each stair, I slowly feel sicker considering the fact that he didn't want me in there. I made it to the last step before I enter the hallway yet again for the hundredth time that day. I walk slowly towards Matt's room. As I reach for the door, I slowly twist the knob opening the door to see Matt laying on his bed back facing me on his phone. As I open the door fully, Matt turns to see me giving a me an odd look. " What are doing in here" Matt said as I slowly walked towards his shelf. "you're going to have to let it go, it's a picture" Matt said as I turned around showing him my keys. He looked at a little guilty "just a picture huh" I said as I walked out of his room. I run to my car and see jake already in there waiting for me. "You ok" Jake asks as I put my seatbelt on. "Yea absolutely" I said as I turned my car on heading towards our house. Our houses were next to each other so I really just changed driveways, but I would do anything to get out the triplet's house. We made home " hey guys" dad said as I walked into the kitchen to give him a hug. We said our hellos and quickly left to our rooms. I walked in and sat my desk wondering what was going on. Chris and Matt confused me, and they were always like that. One moment Matt hated me then the next minute he liked me. Chris was different but you could always tell that he held back. He was very closed off about his feelings but for matt he was never good at hiding them. I look up to see matt standing in front of his window. I think of how we would talk and write notes to each other through our windows. I missed it sometimes. I sometimes looked at his window and wrote to it and pretended he was writing back but I would never tell him that. I hear my phone go off. I snap out of my trance as I no longer see Matt standing there anymore. I look down at my phone to see a voicemail from matt "if you wanted to stare just ask." I put phone down with a huff. I soon realize my room was a mess. These past 2 days had been stressful, and my room showed it. I put on my beats which started blasting Never Lose Me by Flo Milli. I don't care what anyone says this song slays. I start dancing while cleaning my room. I start putting my clothes up. Hanging every piece of clothing up because they were clean. I had a hard time picking out an outfit to get the triplets in. I was dancing while cleaning my desk draws. I saw a note at the very bottom of the draw. I picked it up and saw that it was from Chris when he left. He left me a note when he left but I never had the guts to open it instead I just hid it and never looked at it again. I sit on my bed and open the white envelope that had my nickname written in his messy handwriting. I took the paper out of the envelope and immediately felt something hit my lap. It was his old chain. I looked at it in owe. It was his favorite. I held it as I opened the letter. All I could see through the tears was I love you and I can't wait to see you again. I put my hand over my mouth as I choked back the tears. I looked out my window to see Chris and matt talking. I pulled my blinds down but just enough for me to see them through. They seem to be streaming because I can see Chris throw his hat down. I silently laugh as I see Chris get mad. He was never good at losing and it clearly shows that he isn't over it. One of Your Girls by The Weeknd started to play as I continued to look out of the window. I look at my wall to see all of my picture I had with the triplets and added Chris's chain to my wall. I suddenly felt bad for not opening it. I start back towards my desk before i hear something hit my window. I look up to Chris and Matt standing near the window laughing. "what" I mouthed as they continued laughing. I then realized that they saw me dancing as my phone goes off. I see a video of me dancing thanks to Nick. I open my window to which they do the same. " Do you guys ever stop filming?" "Yes, but how could we not" says Chris through laughter. I laugh with them. "I need to finish my room" I say as I turn around. As Chris goes to close matt's window, I look at him once more. "Thanks for the note, it was sweet" I said with a smile as Chris looked at me. It was a different look than I had seen. "I'm glad you liked it" he said as he continued looking at me "sorry I didn't open it right away." "it's okay, I understand" Chris says with a smile as fidgets with his chain. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Chris looks at me before biding his goodbye and closing the window. I close my window and rush to my bed. I thought about Chris as I fell into a deep sleep. I was walking through the triplet's house as i turn towards matt's room; I'm immediately pulled into Chris's room. "I love you y/n I always have" Chris says as he pulls me into his room. I stand there shocked as Chris gets closer; I soon fell that we aren't the only ones in his room. I pull away and turn around to see matt standing in the doorway looking hurt. "It was always Chris wasn't its y/n" Matt said before turning around and leaving the room, leaving me in shock. I start after him, as I get closer to grabbing him; I feel myself fall. I quickly get up just to feel myself fly off my bed. I look around, breathing heavy finally understanding that I was in my own room. I look around before sitting on my bed. I look at my phone to see that its 12:30 in the morning. This was going to be a rough night.