Chapter 2: The triplets return

I woke up to the sound of a loud knock on my door. I finally open my eyes and see that's its 8:30. I don't really remember actually falling asleep. I rise up and see the sun shining straight through the window. I put my arms over my face as I get up. I start at my door before my brother bursts through it completely scaring me. I jump before running towards him. " Woah I'm sorry I come in peace" he said as he held his hands up. I looked at him before turning around to get my phone. "Hey um you know the triplets are coming home right and Marylou said she couldn't get them, and she wanted to know if we could." I turn around and look at Jake straight in the eyes. Of course, just my luck. Why did I have to be the only one who could drive. " Get your license and then maybe talk" I said with a straight face. Jake looks at me with the puppy dog face before i turn around with a huff. " Fine but only because I want to see Nick" I said as I walk into my closet looking for a comfy but cute outfit. I'll never admit it but in a way i still felt like that little girl trying to get Chris or matt's attention. It was a bad habit but one that I learned very well. Even though I'm trying not to have feelings for them, I still want to show them that i grew up too. "You know I don't understand why you keep away from matt and Chris" my brother said as he followed me into my closet. I turned to look at him as he kept ranting about how weird my relationship was with the 2 of the trio. "it's not a big deal Jake, just closer with Nick is all" "yea but you never seem to try" my brother says as he looks at my outfit. "Listen whatever happens, happens" I said as I put my t-shirt over my head walking out of my closet to my vanity where I started doing my makeup. Jake walks out of my room to get ready. As I'm getting ready, I think how so much has changed over the past year. I'm not the same person I was when they left, and I know for sure that they aren't the same. I still watch their videos sometimes. I get emotional cause i know we aren't as close as we used to be. Most of it is my fault but I didn't completely shut them out. They lived in my head and heart for the past year. I get my shoes on and make my way downstairs where I'm met with my brother waiting on the coach on his phone. He looks up at me as I play with my keys. I start toward the motioning for him to join as he gets up, I start running towards the car as it's a little chilly. I jump in the car and jake jumps in the passenger seat. I start the car and jake turns on the radio. Dance The Night Away by Dua Lipa started blasting through the speaker. I turn the radio down as it was crazy loud. I look at jake as we drive. He stares the out the window. "Hey you, ok?" He looks at me the looks back towards the window "don't be nervous, in the end they are still the same triplets" I say as I put my hand on his knee. He grabs my hand with a smile and stares out the window again. I start getting closer to the airport my stomach gets heavier. I look at the big airport sign as I drive near it, I feel jakes hand tighten as we get closer. I park as close as possible. I get out of the car and go over to jakes side before helping him out. We walk arm in arm in the airport. as we neared the door, I get more nervous. Jake and I start walking towards the entrance. We reach the gate and before we knew it, we saw the three same face people. They walked very slow and calm looking at a bunch of people as they tried to walk through. They were met with a group of girls who all wanted pictures and stuff signed. I noticed that Jake was shocked, and I was too. It was almost as if I forgot that these weren't my normal childhood friends anymore, they were young and hot youtubers with women running left and right. I stood there for a minute before finally coming to my senses to get them away. I grab Jake and run straight for the group of girls. I push through them and grab nicks arm. Nick who turns around rapidly sees its me and grabs matt and Chris and start going through as well. With everything in all 5 of us we pull through the group and run towards the door not caring if anything was left behind. When we get out of the door we run towards the car. Nick gets in the passenger seat and i hug him quickly. as I hugged him, I realized how much I truly missed him. He was the definition of an amazing friend. I missed being near Nick; more than I thought. I pull away "hey y/n" nick said as he reached for his seatbelt "hey Nicky, I missed you" I said. I heard a yell from behind me i turn to see Chris " what about me y/n? did you miss me" Chris said as I looked at him with a smile "of course I did" I said as I highfived him. I turn to see Matt. Matt looked completely different. As long as i known matt, he was always the skinny triplet. He wasn't really built. As soon as i saw him, it was obvious that he grew up. He had fluffy hair and tattoos. He definitely leaned out. I quickly turned around once I noticed that he saw me checking him out. I turn around and start the car. As I started leaving, I felt something hit my back. I turn around to see matt with a smirk. "Miss me?"