Chapter 3: The Polaroid

I pulled into the Sturniolo's driveway and start helping the triplets get their stuff out of the trunk. Marylou starts running alongside Jimmy towards the triplets giving each and every one a big hug. All you could hear was love you and tears. Jake and I stood there with smiles on our faces as we watched the mother hug her children. Jimmy took matt into his arms while Justin came out hugging Chris. Marylou finally came towards me and jake before extending her arms giving us a bug hug. " Thank you, guys, so much, for bringing them home" "of course, anything for you." She pulled away before Nick called for me. I followed him into his room. His room hasn't changed at all, still that weird green. I sat on the bed as he put his stuff down. " I got you something" he said with a big smile before handing me a bag with a superman logo on it. I smiled as I opened it. I pulled out a box, which was pink with a bow. I opened it and saw a necklace, which said "La Besties" i smiled as i asked Nick to put it on. "isn't it great" Nick laughed as he put it around my neck " I love it so much thank you" I said as i pulled him in for a hug. I missed our friendship. I'm just happy we have time to rebuild it. Nick quickly starts talking about LA and how fun it was. He ranted about how much Chris annoyed him and how much he truly missed Boston. As Nick was talking, I glanced towards the kitchen to see Matt standing near the sick with his back against the sink. Looking up from his phone he smirked at me before going back to his phone. I continued to look at him before he put his phone away and stared towards nick's door. " hey" matt said as he walked in " hi matt nice to meet you I'm nick" nick said sarcastically as matt sat down on the bed a few inches away from me. Matt just looked at Nick as nick laughed his head off. I just looked at Nick and smiled before looking at matt who has a weird look on his face. Did I mention that Matt had beard now. I honestly couldn't focus on anything else besides the fact that he was quite literally a man now. I stop and turn to Nick who was now cleaning his cameras lenses as it was Friday which meant it was time to film a car video. " Are we seriously going to film today" matt says as he looks at nick. Nick turns and looks at matt with a crazy look. " Oh no he's bouta blow" screams Chris as he walks in with a laugh. I look up at Chris who looks at me with a smile. " Yes, we are filming. I don't care if I'm on my death bed we are getting that video up on Friday" says nick as he finishes cleaning the lenses. matt gets up and goes to the kitchen. Chris sits down next to me as jake enters the room with a piece of string cheese in his hands. "what's been going on with you y/n" Chris asks me as he takes a sip of Pepsi " actually a lot" I say as i stare at him "really that's good can't wait to hear all about it" Chris says as he crushes his can and goes to throw it away. Jake ends up helping nick set up some camera stuff. I sit there texting Melody. Melody was one of them people who liked to know everything, but I didn't mind she always gave me good advice. Melody texted me saying she had to go somewhere so I was left alone. I end up going upstairs to see what Chris was doing. when i reached upstairs i noticed matts room. His door was opened, and his bland room was on full display. I start walking towards his room. I open the door to see nothing but a bed, desk, and a computer. I look around and come across his shelf. I noticed his collection of random things he bought from his trips. I saw all of his hats and some stuffed animals. I then noticed a Polaroid of us from 2019. It was taken a few days before he turned 16. He was looking at me while i was looking at the camera sticking my tongue out. I also saw the necklace i got him when he got his license. It was a little car charm. I also saw the class note we exchanged during class once. I thought he got rid of this stuff a long time ago. As i looked i heard someone come in. "what are doing in here."