Welcome to the Army

Kwan Choi's POV

With proud and slow steps, I left the town hall together with Yon, my wife, and looked at the soldiers who were preparing to serve the country and me. The path to the platform was lined with pebbles, which meant that our every step could be heard from afar, as the soldiers all remained rigid in their positions. There was a microphone on the podium which I pulled up to my face and began to speak, "Welcome to Sector 5 of the largest military base in South Korea. As you already know, you will be trained and further educated here for around 2 months. After that, you all will get your permanent positions and officially become part of the army. You will be divided into different groups, which should be between 10-20 soldiers. Your supervisors, who are none other than the commissioned officers, show you your sleeping hut, your dining room and everything else you need. I want you to always listen carefully and follow orders in seconds."

My gaze swept over the crowd and noticed a certain young man, I had to grin. I stared at him for the rest of my speech, but remained subtle. "At the end of the two months we will see who endured the training and who didn't. Always remember, this is a matter of life and death, either you do something with your life and can be proud of it..." I narrowed my eyes at Jungkook and the corners of my mouth drooped "...or they...are dead."

After this speech, which I was very pleased with, I accompanied Yon to a seminar in which we both had to take part. "What did you think of the speech, darling? I hope this boy gives up in the next few weeks, he'll never keep up with the training. Then Y/N can see what to do with her life." I looked at Yon expectantly, she agreed with me with a nod. "That speech was great, darling."

We opened the large white painted wooden door that led to the meeting room. All the high officials were already at their place at the table and at the front sat Senior General Lee Shi-won who greeted me with a slight bow. I did the same and then took the seat next to my wife. "Mr. and Mrs. Choi, nice that you showed up on time and once again a big applause for the incredibly good speech for the Byeongs, I think that should have motivated everyone to continue learning here." I gave him a slight smile. "Thank you very much, senior general." He now looked around and cleared his throat. "Well, let's get to the actual topic, the South Korean border. The military base has been under attack by North Korean troops for a long time. We already know that North Korea wants to take over here, but we have so far stood firm against it. What I am now calling for are stronger teams that are prepared to fight against these troops. General Kim, I would like to send your troops to the front, you have enough time to train them accordingly."

His eyes focused on me again "Mr. Choi, I recently gave you a higher position as the lieutenant, but I want you to train the recruits so that they are truly ready for whatever comes, if they are successful, I will promote you to general, you understood?" I stood up and saluted "Yes, sir!" "Do you have any questions?" "Yes, sir! What about my position in the town hall when I start serving the military?" He asked me to sit down with a gesture of his hands, which I did. "Lieutenant Choi, your position in the town hall is lower than the position you currently hold as a lieutenant here in the military, if you want you can still work in the town hall, but I would advise against it because it takes a lot of time to manage both jobs. Is that what you want?" I thought briefly, if I were just in the military, I would have more time to take care of this boy and can control him more, I would also have more time to contact an old acquaintance to help me with something. "No, sir!" "Good, then that's settled, you're released from your position in the town hall, welcome to the military"

I couldn't consider myself happier. When the session was over, we headed home and got into my Austin 14. Yon was surprisingly quiet, but I didn't mind, she was probably just having a bad day. When we got home, Yon made dinner and I went upstairs to check on Seo-ah. I unlocked the door to her room and saw her sitting at her desk, crying quietly to herself. "Did you do your homework Seo-ah?" she sobbed "Do I have to repeat myself?" my voice became louder and sterner. She turned around with completely teary eyes and finally replied with "No father, I'm sorry and yes I just finished my homework. Can I go outside for some fresh air?" "An hour, if you're not home at 7 p.m. to have dinner with us, you won't get any food for today, understand?" her eyes became big but then quickly looked back on the floor "Yes, father, I understand, thank you." I stepped aside so that she could get dressed and go out the door.

She also came back a little earlier and was quiet at the table while eating. Yon started talking "How was your day Seo-ah? Have you met your friend, what's her name again? Riu?" Seo-ah was startled again and swallowed her food. "Uhm.. I... I-I mean-" "Stop stuttering and speak normally and sit straight at the table, my goodness, what does that look like ." She did as I told her and spoke more appropriately this time. "Sorry father, my day was okay and I just met Riu and talked a bit with her. And how was your day?" Yon smiled at her "Your father and I worked a lot today, right Kwan?" "Right, now enough talking." and we finished eating in peace and then went to bed.

Jungkook POV

This can't be true. Why and how did this happen. How could this happen that I was sent to the exact sector where Y/N's father has the upper hand. Nevertheless, he has a code to abide by and I also have to obey him. I hope that there won't be any problems and that maybe we'll get along with each other when the time is right. General Hwang led my troop, consisting of 16 men, to our dormitory, which was surprisingly large, well there had to be 16 men living there. We put our bags down and formed a semicircle around Hwang who wanted to tell us something. "You can choose for yourself where who sleeps and what who uses, but there is one rule, stay in your group and don't cause any arguments. You are here to learn with and for each other. Training starts tomorrow and I want you to be at the sector meeting point at 6 a.m. sharp. If one of you is missing, there are punishments, such as disciplinary arrest. Understood?" We all saluted and shouted together "Yes, sir!" "Okay then, unpack and go to sleep, tomorrow will be a busy first day."

_________________________________________________________

Made this chapter a bit longer because i was so into it haha. I'm still deciding whether i make short or really long chapters.

See you soon tho;)