Here's to Victory

Y/N POV

One thing I really enjoy wearing is dresses, all kinds. Even back then, when I used to help my mother do the laundry, I would always secretly go to her closet and try on her clothes. Since I've been living with Jungkook's parents, Soo Yun has given me some as gifts every now and then. I'm planning on getting really dressed up today, I've put out my favorite dress. It was a white, loose dress that wasn't too thin but not too thick either, perfect for the beginning of February, it had long, airy sleeves that were made of silk, the dress became very narrow towards the waist and you could tie it really tightly at the back which I love very much. It came down to about my knees and underneath I put on a pair of matching light-colored tights. I hope Jungkook will like it. All I want is to have him back with me.

After I changed my clothes and tied my hair in a braid, I went downstairs. By now it was late in the afternoon and Soo Yun was already cooking dinner while Juwon helped her set the table and Jeong Hoon was just reading a book Living room read. Donghyun has already settled in here and is currently sleeping in Jungkook's room, but this will no longer be possible from today onwards as he is due to be back soon.

I helped Juwon with the plates because they were all a bit too heavy for him at once. "Juwon, are you excited to finally see Jungkook again?" he took a plate from me and put it on the dining table. "Oh yes! I can't wait to tell him about everything I've experienced, and you, Y/Nie?" I bent over a little to give him another plate. "You won't believe how much." He beamed at me with his little dimples , another thing that I always associate with Jungkook, he just looks too much like him. Donghyun came down the stairs and barely buttoned the top button of his shirt. "Is he here yet?" he asked me. Soo Yun answered faster than I did. "No, but he should be there any m-." The doorbell rang. I've never felt such excitement inside of me, mixed with anticipation, fear and longing. Juwon sprinted to the door and flung it open. "Kookie!" I heard from around the corner. Everyone ran towards him. And when I stood there and saw Jungkook crouching down hugging his brother, I couldn't help but be happy, the love they both have for each other is indescribably beautiful to see. Jungkook mumbled to his brother, "I missed you so much and I'm glad to finally be with you again."

Soo Yun already had tears in her eyes. "God son, get up and hug your mom before she collapses," said Jeong Hoon, which made everyone giggle. He did this and in the meantime held out his hand to his father to greet him too. Donghyun patted him on the shoulder, "Hey pal, your girl is waiting." I stood there, I could barely move, I didn't have to, Jungkook came up to me, took my chin, lifted it up to him and kissed me. I didn't know how much time passed, but it was definitely long and beautiful. When the kiss broke we were breathing heavily. "Hey baby." He stroked my cheek with his slightly rough fingers and I was finally able to look into his dark brown doe eyes again and lose myself in them.

"Hey," I whispered back. He took me by the hand and ran further into the house, he put his bag in the living room and turned back to me. With a jerk he lifted me up by the waist. "Wah, Jungkook, go slow!" I laughed and he put me down again. "I can't when you look so beautiful." "Do you like me?" "Oh yes, and how. Your dress looks stunning." I linked my fingers with his and played with them a little. "So, did I miss anything while I was away?" I made eye contact with him "No, not really. But come on, your mom cooked and we want to find out everything about what it was like for you."

At the table everyone told us something about their experiences over the last few weeks. Jungkook talked a lot about his training sessions and said he should also train here at home on orders. Actually, he wasn't supposed to be released until much later, but he was still allowed to go, which we of course think is even better. "...and that was the first day in the army." Juwon was really attentive while listening and kept asking Jungkook more questions "And do you walk around with weapons? Do you use those? Do you always wear these clothes? Because sometimes we see soldiers on the street always wearing this green suit. Do you have friends there? Did-" "Juwon, darling, let your brother have his say." Soo Yun giggled.