As long as you love me

Elle POV

My first night at Harvard was a smooth one.  I enjoyed spending the evening with Noah's roommates.  I felt like I was already joining a gang of friends because they welcomed me with open arms.  Oh yes, they didn't fail to tease Noah about our engagement!  To which, Noah only rolled his eyes and quickly whispered in my ear that they have no idea what they are talking about before kissing my temple and putting his arm around me.  I didn't hesitate to snuggle up to him, enjoying the mixed excitement of living a thrilling college life and at the same time having a refuge that makes me feel right at home.  I closed my eyes for a few minutes to enjoy his smell of lemongrass mixing with the unusual smell of the suite...

That was the last memory I had before I woke up the next morning to the sound of Noah's phone.  6:00 a.m. on the East Coast, which is 3:00 a.m. for my body still on West Coast time.  I grunted before turning around to snuggle with Noah even more as he tried to get out of bed without disturbing me:  
- Shelly, I'm going to have to get up. 
- Do I have the right to say I don't want to?" I said, looking up at him.
- Yes! " He said, placing a kiss on my nose.  "And I'd like to tell you that your desires are orders, but I don't think my coach is going to appreciate it. 
- I know! " I said, letting him go regretfully.   
- I suggest you go to the coffee shop around the corner for breakfast whenever you want.  They really do make the best bagels around.  The practice will end around 12:00 p.m. so I'll bring you lunch and we can go get some groceries afterwards.  
- Okay, good practice!  
- I love you! " He said before giving me a kiss on the lips and leaving the room.  

Once Noah left, I went back to sleep for a few hours before waking up around 8:00 a.m.  I figured it would be much better if I started setting my biological clock to Boston time. I did my morning routine before going out to breakfast like Noah told me.  The coffee shop was just around the corner and it felt familiar to me because Noah was there frequently when I Facetime him on Saturday mornings.  The large windows overlooking the Harvard campus and the central foyer surrounded by several comfortable armchairs made it a very warm place.  I figured I'll probably come back here when I need a change of scenery to study. 

After a delicious breakfast, I set out on a quest to discover the campus that will be my world for at least the next 4 years.  I spotted the medical school, the dining hall and the sports center.  It was around 11:30 when I figured I could go to the football stadium to wait for Noah before lunch.  It wasn't very difficult to spot the stadium in the middle of the surrounding structures.

As I walked in, I realized that there was not only the football team back to practice but also the cheerleading team.  The girls wore revealing sportswear and appeared to be on break or rinsing their eyes as they detailed the guys still in training.  Some guys seemed to enjoy the feminine attention while others didn't seem particularly playful about being seen as a piece of meat. 

I sat behind the group of cheerleaders, hoping to go unnoticed.  I was busy replying to June's text asking how my first morning in Boston was going when I heard a comment that took me back to high school during my junior year: 
- Wow, check me out that body, girls!
- Do you think he's going to be the starting quarterback this year?
- It's pretty much certain according to my brother Josh, who's on the team.  
- Flynn wasn't the starting quarterback last year just because he was in his freshman year.  This year it's practically in the pocket!  

I smirked at the thought of Noah keeping telling me that he didn't think he was good enough to be a starting quarterback.  Everyone around us thinks Noah is that kind of self-sufficient guy who gets everything right.  But when you know Noah personally, you realize that he needs to work really hard to succeed and that he's absolutely scared that he won't be good enough.  The rest of the conversation between these blondes made the smile disappear from my face.
- Do you think he came back single from his summer?
- That would be so awesome!  Did Josh learn anything about it, Bianca!
- Josh wasn't sure, but there's a rumor that Flynn proposed to his girlfriend over the summer!  
- Are you not serious?  
- But why do such a thing?
- Maybe she's pregnant?
- I can't think that Flynn with all the success he's having here could jeopardize that by getting his girlfriend pregnant.
- It's not always that simple, Maddison.  An accident in this area is one of the risks.  It can happen to all of us.    
- You're right, Bethany!  But it's really a nice catch for this girl!  She must be a manipulator!  I hope she didn't do it on purpose...  

My face was tense as I listened to what these blondes described about me.  I was so worried that I didn't see another girl sit 2 benches next to me and say: 
- Don't worry, they're all bitches!  

I turned around to see a blonde-haired girl with athletic-looking red locks wearing a Harvard women's soccer team t-shirt and shorts.  Her face was familiar to me, probably because I saw pictures of her on Noah's profile. I was still thinking about who this girl should be when she said to me: 
- You must be Elle Evans, the girl the whole cheerleading team is jealous of. 
- Yes and you are...
- Abigail Warner. But you can call me Abby.  " She said as she moved closer to me. 
- The captain of the women's soccer team? 
- Yes, that's me!  Your boyfriend told me you'd probably try to join us?  
- Noah is trying to convince me to make the team. " I said, rolling my eyes. "It seems like he's so scared that I'm not getting enough of the university experience.  But I don't know if with the classes, I'll be able to make the team. 
- What did you choose as a concentration?
- Medicine.
- Indeed, it will be intense but it allows you to have a good tool to release the stress of doing sports.  You could always come and train with us tomorrow.  Flynn told me you're going to be here for the next 2 weeks waiting for classes to start.  Rather than supporting the cheerleading team, get a good look at the football players.  This will allow you to see if you like the gang.  Don't worry, there are fewer bitches on the soccer team than on the cheerleading team.  
- Do you seem to know very well the penchant of cheerleaders for football players?
- Unfortunately, I've started dating one of your guy's teammates! 
- Greg?
- Yes, I ended up giving him a chance.  
- Noah told me that Greg tried to get your attention throughout the winter semester.  
- Poor Flynn!  He has been the wingman so many times for Greg and for several others on the football team.  Since he had a girlfriend in LA that he literally sees in his soup, the guys thought he was the best candidate.  

I just roll my eyes at Abby's words.  Football practice ended and I saw Noah walking towards me with Greg.  
- It was great to talk with you, Abby.  I think we'll see each other a lot!  
- Yes, I hope you'll consider my offer for the soccer team.   
- I'll think about it and probably join you tomorrow!  
- So awesome! " She said before winking at me and heading down the stands to join Greg.  

I waved at her before grabbing my things.  While I was busy making sure I hadn't forgotten anything, I heard the girls on the cheerleading team fidgeting.  Several tried to get Noah's attention as he climbed the stands to join me.  I didn't see him coming until I felt his strong but also wet arms around me.  
- Noah!  You're all sweaty!  
- I couldn't wait any longer to come and hug you, you've been distracting me for 30 minutes.  

I couldn't help but laugh at his comment before giving him a quick kiss on the lips.
- I've seen you talk to Abby for a long time," he said, gesturing in the direction of Abby and Greg in deep conversation in front of the locker room door.  
- Yes, I think I've made a friend. " I said with a big smile.  

He put his arms around me and his forehead against mine.  We were disturbed in our romantic impulse by whispers.  
- ... and enemies. " I said, looking at the group of blondes out of the corner of my eye.

Noah turned his head to look at the girls before turning his head back to me and then taking my face in his hands saying:  
- As long as you love me... I don't care! 

Then he gave me a passionate kiss that seems to have closed the beak of these blondes.