I never had no road home

Elle POV

I handed the copy of my last exam to the proctor and took my belongings before leaving the auditorium. That was it, my first year at Harvard was over! It was difficult, I had to work really hard to get there but with the help of Rebecca for all the pre-med courses as well as Chloe and Noah for all the other courses, I succeeded very well!

I left the building and found my boyfriend waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs dressed in a shirt and shorts, his hair deliciously disheveled (not having had time to go get it cut with the end of the session) with his sunglasses. I still had difficulty believing that in a few weeks, we would be united forever. It was another dream that I thought was unattainable that I am now seeing come true.

Once I came down the stairs, I literally threw myself into his arms screaming :
- First year at Harvard, accomplished!
- Well done my Shelly! I knew you could do it!
- I don't think I would have succeeded so brilliantly without you, Noah! Thank you for supporting me throughout this year.
- Be careful, he will think that all the credit goes to him" said Chloe, joining us. "Rebecca and I also contributed to your success!
- Yes, but it wasn't you two who put up with me when I was grumpy or who went to get me my tampons at the pharmacy." I said laughing as Noah lowered me to the ground and put his arm around me.
- It has to be practiced. You're still going to move in together in 2 days and get married in two months." Chloe reminded me.
- It's going to go by so quickly!" I said, placing my hands in front of my face. "But I'm super excited!

June and Matthew Flynn were going to arrive in 2 days to help us move. When we decided to get married this summer, I made a deal with Noah that I would take care of the wedding day and he would take care of the honeymoon and the apartment. In fact, June had hired a wedding coordinator which removed a lot of tasks from me other than saying if I like or don't like certain things. For the apartment, Noah was entitled to the same help. I think June was overcome by emotion and bought us all the furniture and appliances we could possibly need. It was nice to be told that we will be moving into an environment that we will quickly be able to call home.
- I envy you for being done with dorm life!" Abby said as she joined us with Greg. "I hope you know that most of our dinners will be at your home next year.
- Chloe and Rebecca live in the same building and they don't always welcome us." I said.
- Rebecca is not a fan of having people over at the apartment. But, I heard that Flynn was a master in the art of hosting." Chloe told us.

It's true that the parties at the Flynn house in high school were really popular. But Noah has definitely changed since dating me and being in college, he's definitely less of a party guy. This year, we very rarely went to parties, preferring either to spend the evening with a small group of friends or alone just the two of us. Next year will probably be different because Noah and I will be together more often which will change our routine.

Once we were joined by the majority of our friends, we decided to go to a restaurant to celebrate the end of the year. Chloe convinced us to go to a fancy restaurant in downtown Boston. Once seated at the table, I jumped when I saw the price of the plates but Noah gestured to the waiter saying that they were all separate bills except for the two of us. I always feel a little guilty when he pays for me. But it's true that in a few weeks, that won't matter anymore. I was able to enjoy this dinner with friends savoring this delicious food.
- And to think that the next time we're all going to be together, it's going to be at your wedding." Rebecca tells us.
- Yeah, what are we doing for your bachelor party. " asked Greg.
- My only request is : no strip clubs!" said Noah

All the guys looked at him like he had two heads. I couldn't help but burst out laughing before telling him :
- You don't want to use this opportunity as a last pass.
- And stress if you arrive late on the morning of the wedding, asking me if you have decided to change your mind? No thanks!" he said to me as seriously as possible before leaning over to whisper in my ear. "I don't need it anyway. I like it much better when it's you who does a strip tease for me!