Shiver

Noah POV

This girl has always driven me completely crazy.  I kissed, unfortunately, several girls in high school but none of those kisses tasted as good as with this girl.  I can never get enough of her.  I wanted this moment to never end.   Outside of her, the world had ceased to exist.  I wanted to own her all.   When Elle pulled away from me to catch her breath, I just started dotting her face with kisses.  I wanted to kiss her eyes, drink in her smile: 
- Noah, don't you think you should slow down a bit?" She said to me.
- This is my best make-out session ever at a party!  
- What, your goal is to score me for the other guys?" she laughed.  
- And to mark myself for the other girls.  Do not touch, already taken! " I said, laughing.
- For my part, I'm not used to make-out sessions in the middle of a party.  
- It's the first time I've done it with the girl I want.  
- Interesting to know that all this time, you were just imagining that these chicks were me!
- I had and only have eyes for you, my Shelly!  You're so beautiful!" I said, recapturing her lips. 
- Noah, honestly, you should slow down!  I'm going to get by seeing the girls' faces around us.  
- OK!  But, I have an idea, let's go back to my room to start our weekend! 
- Not right away, I promised Chloe and the girls that I would stay until 10:00.p.m. 
- Ok, but not another minute. "  I said with a sigh before taking her hand and dragging her towards the bar.  "And to keep going, I need a drink!  

Of course, our kissing session on the dance floor had the desired effect.  The news that Elle is my girlfriend has spread at breakneck speed.  I was left alone by the other girls seeing that I was clearly not available.  And the guys gave up on their plans as soon as they saw my protective arm around Elle's waist for most of the evening.  

We spent the whole party mainly with our groups of friends: Chloe and the guys, Greg and my football teammates and Abby and the girls on the soccer team.  Elle and I were interrupted at the bar while we were having fill our drinks by Bethany and a few girls on the cheerleading team.
- It's not very good to drink for your baby's health, Evans!" she said to Elle.  
- What are you talking about, Bethany?" I said in surprise.  
- Why would a guy like you, Flynn, ask a girl to marry him?  If she's pregnant, of course!" she said with a bitch laugh that I wanted to silence.  
- Ok, and the reason that a guy found an amazing girl that he has known all his life and dated for almost 2 years, decides to want to spend his life with her.  Isn't that plausible?" I said to her in the most natural way in the world. 
- Why would a guy want to settle for just one girl when he can have all the hot girls he wants?"  She said haughtily.  
- Because he has one kinds of girls, Bethany.  Real and sweet girl that guys rush to marry because they can't think of living their lives without her.  I'll let you guess that if Elle is this kind of girls.  

I grabbed our drinks and pulled Elle away from that bitch with me before turning back to Bethany. 
- And for the last time, Elle is not pregnant!  I am very far from having made a forced decision. And you'd really be better off leaving Elle alone.  My patience has limits and I've had protective tendencies towards her for a really, really long time.  

The gossip about Elle and I seemed to have subsided after my little check-in with Bethany.  As time progressed and people started to hook up,  I'd had enough and I just wanted to go back to my dorm room to spend the rest of my evening with my fiancée.  Elle didn't put up any resistance when I asked her to leave the party for the second time.  

As soon as my bedroom door closed, I resumed our make-out session at the same place where I had stopped.  And this time, Elle didn't stop me.  Her dress made its way to the floor quickly after...  This girl thrills me!  I didn't want it to stop! I wanted to dance with her until the sun came up!  The party was over...

Several minutes later, we were both lying on my bed simply enjoying each other's presence.  Elle was lying on top of me with her head on my chest and her fingers absentmindedly playing with my hair at the back of my neck while I wrapped the tips of her hair around my finger.  I remembered last year's parties where I spent my evening receiving unwanted advances only to come back to my dorm desperately hoping that Elle would be here, feeling so alone.  Today she is in my arms and I felt so good.  

My thoughts turned to what Liam told me tonight: this girl is too good for you.  These are not words that I am hearing for the first time.  Lee and Marco have told me this several times over the last 2 years.  But why does it ring so loudly in my head tonight?  I've been thinking about tomorrow's game, which will be my first as a starting quarterback.  The coach put a lot of pressure on the team to win it. The reality in football is that a big part of success is … the quarterback.  What if I fail? What if I don't measure up?  What would Elle think of me?  A big part of the reason I hid things from her last year was because I didn't want to disappoint her.  And tonight... I realise that I am still afraid of disappointing her.  

Elle must have noticed the change in my mood as she straightened up and looked at me intently saying: 
- What's going on, Noah? 

I thought for a few seconds that I was telling her that there was nothing, but I really did not want to go back to the same habits as last year when I avoided topics and she felt left out.  I decided to be honest: 
- Tomorrow's game is stressing me out." I said to her signing." It's the first game I'm going to play as a starting quarterback. I'm afraid I'm not up to the task.  To disappoint my teammates, my coach, my parents and most of all... you!" I said, letting my hand caress her cheek.  
- Noah," she said, sliding to the side to face me.  "I'm going to be there for you to celebrate your victories but also to cheer you up in defeat.  For me, your value is not measured by your performance but depending on who you are.  And no matter how good you are, if you did your best, I'm always going to be proud of you!" she said, stroking my cheek.  

It's like she's taken a big burden off my shoulders.  
- You are truly an exceptional girl, Elle.  How do you do that to make me able to express my emotions like that?" I said to her as I ran my nose along hers.  
- It may sound silly to you, but ... I'm naked, lying next to you.  Physically, I couldn't be more vulnerable.  If you and I choose to make ourselves physically vulnerable by sleeping together, we can do it emotionally too.  I want to know about your struggles and failures.  I want to share your dreams and victories! To me, that's what a couple is all about, Noah!" she said with a smile.  

That's what makes this girl even more exceptional.  I flipped her on her back so I could kiss her with the desire to show her how much I love her when she said to me: 
- Noah, it's getting late and you've got a game tomorrow.  You need to rest to be at your best.  
- So what... I just want to enjoy your presence!" I said as I kissed her neck where I know it drives her crazy.  
- Noah!" she said, stepping back.  "I'm going to be there tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, in a week, in a month, and even next year.  You don't have to stretch every moment to enjoy it anymore because our time is limited.  You can enjoy every moment, now." she said to me, putting her hands on my cheeks to meet my gaze.
- You're right," I told her before getting up to get ready for the night.  

I gave her my T-shirt and I put on a clean boxer before going to brush my teeth. A  few minutes later, I slipped under the covers while lifting it for Elle to join me by snuggling herself up to me.  I pulled down the blanket to cover her and me before I turned off my bedside lamp.  
- Good night, Shelly! " I said, burying my nose in her hair.  

Shelly was right.  Every moment we spent together can be savored.  My bed didn't feel big and lonely like it did last year.  This year, I'm not alone anymore...