Summer things

Noah POV

It was the first time Elle and I had left Boston since we arrived a month ago. And I admit that I really needed it. Taking a break from studying, classing, and exercising was going to do us a world of good. I decided to rent a motorcycle to drive from Boston to Hampton. Riding down Highway 1 towards Hampton with Elle pressed against my back was just awesome. It reminded me of the summer pleasures we had at home that I wanted to enjoy a little longer before winter arrived.

One of my fondest memories of Elle and I's getaways during my senior year of high school was when we were riding my motorcycles along the Pacific. The fact that we were doing it here, along the Atlantic, showed me that we have simply taken this complicity to the other side of the country. And it did me a world of good!

The Winthrops' holiday house was like the rest of their possession, high class! It consisted of 4 rooms with ocean views on top of a small cliff. The living room and kitchen were open-air with a cathedral ceiling dominated by a large bay window overlooking the ocean. The terrace featured a spa and infinity pool surrounded by sun loungers. There was also a pool house with a flat screen TV and outdoor seating.

Chloe has invited Elle and me, Abby and Greg, Rebecca and her boyfriend Chris who is studying at MIT as well as Jason her boyfriend, whom I hate.

Having come by ourselves on motorbikes, we arrived a little after the others. Chloe struggled with the shopping bags she had gone to buy. She stopped us and asked Greg and me to go unload the bags of groceries she had left in the car. Then she put her arm around Elle to go to the pool with her.

When Greg and I joined the others, the girls were all sitting on the edge of the pool chatting. They seemed to be debating guys' worst approaches to a girl. I walked over to sit next to Elle.
- Hey Noah! You're done putting away the supplies!" asked Chloe.
- Yes, ma'am." I said hastily, hoping she wouldn't ask me to do another task.
- Then you'll be able to join the conversation by sharing with us the worst approach you've ever made to Elle!" she said.
- I hear you forbade all the guys from going out with Elle in high school. " Rebecca asked.
- Not just not going out with her! Don't go near her. And every time they came too close, I'd give a little reminder," I replied honestly.

Chloe looked at me with a funny look before saying:
- And when you decided you wanted to go out with her? How did you bring that to the table?
- Oh, there was the Kissing booth, of course, which gave me the opening!
- Ah, that's so romantic!" said Rebecca.
- We know that! But after the Kissing booth?" asked Chloe.
- I offered to take her home on my motorbike but we were surprised by the rain. We ended up in a gazebo in the middle of a park where I told her I liked her!" I said, taking Elle's hand.
- But, we were surprised by the park warden who had already told him that he shouldn't bring a girl there," Elle said, suppressing a laugh.
- Oh, that must have burned you, Elle!" said Rebecca.
- I think I don't spoke to him for a week after that," Elle replied.
- We met again a week later at a beach party where we went together. I took Elle to the top of the hill with the letters Hollywood and that's where we gave each other our first chance," I said, kissing Elle's hand, "And I've never regretted it!"
- Wow! You earn my respect, Flynn! I didn't think you were so romantic!" said Abby. "Take notes, Greg!" she said, slapping the chest of the man sitting next to her.
- My approaches were all excellent!" said Greg, trying to defend himself. "It's not always easy to satisfy you girls."
- You know what chicks are like when they're in love!" I replied with a laugh.
- What, you really want to go to that field, Noah!" said Elle, slapping my chest.
- Guys never make a fool of themselves when they're in love!" I replied.
- What, but you're talking nonsense!" She said as she pushed me into the water.

I didn't expect it so much that I landed in the pool with a big splash. Once I came to the surface, I saw Elle laughing out loud with Chloe, Abby, and Rebecca. I swam up to her and said:
- You know that my revenge will be terrible!
- No, no, Noah, don't do that!
- Too late! " I replied, pulling her into the water with me.

She clung to me in surprise! As she came to the surface, she said:
- Right now, I hate you Noah Flynn!
- I know! But between you and me, we've always been able to easily go from argument to passion in a matter of seconds," I said, sliding my nose along her.
- Oh, really! " She said with her suspicious look that has always made me fall for her.

I leaned down to kiss her still holding her tight against me! It's as if the world around us has disappeared. As we stopped, still with our foreheads against each other, I asked her:
- Do you still hate me so much?
- You're going to have to work hard to catch up, but you're off to a good start!

Elle and I were alone in the water for a few minutes until she started shivering! We got out of the pool and I handed her a towel. But she was still shivering despite the towel. I sat down on a deck chair and held out my arms to her:
- Come on, I'll warm you up!
- Why not! I don't think I'm used to the colder temperature of the East Coast.
- It's true that the temperature can drop more quickly in the month of September. You're going to have to toughen up your little Californian skin." I said with a wink.

She slipped between my legs and leaned against me, so I wrapped my arms around her!
- That's better? " I asked, rubbing her a little and kissing her on the top of her head.
- Of course! Thank you!

Chloe and Rebecca started talking about the start of class. Rebecca talked about the struggles with the pre-med pathway. She asked Elle a question which went unanswered. We all turned to her to realize that she was sleeping.
- It doesn't surprise me!" Rebecca said. "She's studying really hard and with soccer, it must be worse than what I experienced in my first year!

Rebecca didn't finish her thought because Chloe moved her to other topics. I watched Elle sleep and started to feel scared for her. Since the beginning of the classes, Elle has thrown herself body and soul into her studies. She often gets up in the morning at the same time as me and studies while I'm training. She spends her day in class and then at soccer practice from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Often when I text her in the evening, she is still studying in the library, in a coffee shop or in her room. Sometimes I go to her and I confess that I like these study dates. I thought we'd made a nice little routine but in an instant, I had my doubts. Was Elle really putting too much pressure on herself? Is it too much for her? I was hoping she would be able to rest over the weekend. In any case, I was going to do anything for it!

Later that evening, I volunteered to cook dinner with the girls to let Elle rest. I practically forced her to sit on the balcony with the guys while putting a glass of her favorite wine in her hands.

After dinner, the 8 of us settled down in the living room to enjoy a hot chocolate while playing board games. As soon as I saw Elle yawning that night, I asked her to come and rest with me! I knew that if I didn't, she was going to stay with everyone else until late at night.

Once we got to our room, I made her comfortable in my arms and then played with her hair.
- You don't go back with the others? " She asked me already in a sleepy tone of voice.
- No, Sunday is date night! I'm here to be with you! Now sleep, you'll be fitter tomorrow!
- Looks like you're using all your stuff to doze me off!
- Totally! " I said, kissing the top of her head.

Elle fell asleep quickly! I spent the rest of the evening and part of the night telling myself how happy I am that she was in my arms. While congratulating myself for having taken this chance during the Kissing booth evening.