Picture perfect

Noah POV

Another week has passed! I feel like since we arrived in Boston, time has flown by. For me, it's quite a contrast to last year when I felt like time was dragging on. It's probably because I'm not constantly waiting for time to pass. A year ago, I was living for Elle's calls, her visits here (too few) and also my rare visits home. Now I could afford to enjoy the present time. Even though Elle isn't with me all the time since she trains with the soccer team, I wake up next to her every morning and lie next to her every night.

Unfortunately, I'm a little apprehensive about her moving into her room this week. Maybe I'll live a few days without seeing her. It won't be as intense as when she was 3000 miles away from me!

The football and soccer camps ended last night. Not surprisingly, Shelly has been accepted onto the team and will be paired with Abby as a forward. Abby was totally euphoric when she heard the good news. She now expects to get a few wins this year thanks to Elle as the team's record last year had far more losses than wins.

The women's soccer team went to a bar last night to celebrate the start of the season. Celebration to which Greg and I were not invited, much to my disappointment! I was nervous all evening thinking about my fiancée going out alone with a group of girls at a bar. After several recommendations to never accept drinks from another guy and to always stay with Abby, Elle and her friend left to spend a hell of an evening according to Abby.

Greg, knowing my protective temperament towards Elle, came to spend the evening with me and my roommates in our suite. We talked football, ate pizza and drank beer. Guys' stuff after all!

The girls came back together around 12:30 p.m., obviously having had a nice evening. Greg left with a slightly tipsy Abby and I dragged a Shelly to my room who was laughing so tired that she literally collapsed on my bed, unable to put on her pajamas.

I finally approached her and said:
- Do you need help with your pajamas?

She didn't answer me but simply raised her arms to let me slip one of my T-shirts over her head. I couldn't help but smile at the memory of her first drink when I laid her down in my bed. How I wish I could have been lying down next to her at that moment. I had instead been sleeping in the guest room leaving my mind fantasizing about Shelly asleep in my bed. 2 years later, she was still in my bed, dressed in my T-shirt and I was really happy to be able to lie down next to her.
- Come here, my little alcoholic! " I said as I snuggled her up to me after slipping her under the covers.
- Great, going year," she told me, all asleep.
- What?

She opened one eye and thought for a few seconds before telling me more coherently:
- It's going to be a great year!
- Yes, Shelly! It's going to be a great year with you!" I said, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

And before I even finished my sentence, she had fallen asleep. No need to fantasize tonight, she's here with me!

The next morning, I was treated to a Shelly that was less Hangover than I would have thought. She had a slight headache and felt tired but nothing more. No memory lapse between the time she left the suite with Abby and the time she went to bed with me. Good news! Her state of fatigue was just obvious enough that we decided to let it happen in her room today. It was the first day that admissions handed out keys to dorm rooms. Classes don't start until next Wednesday, so we had until Tuesday to settle into Elle's new room.

So, the game plan for the day, just go get the key to Elle's room. She asked me to take a nap while I went to pick up Chloe from the airport since she was arriving today directly from London. Then we had dinner planned tonight with Chloe and the guys. This will be Elle's first official evening with this group of friends. The last meeting we had the 6 sets didn't end well leading Elle to find Chloe's famous earring under my bed. In the meantime, Elle and Chloe have become good friends and I don't think Elle has any reason to think that I would want to be with anyone other than her. But that didn't stop me from being stressed out about what this evening might bring.