My baby's taken care of everything

Elle POV

Coming back from our spring break in LA, it's as if a transformation had taken place in Boston. When we landed there was no more snow and the temperature was 62 degrees which was so good.

Over Easter weekend in April, Noah and I decided to stay in Boston to study and find an apartment. Noah had asked his friends if there were any apartments available in their building. He had made a list of some apartments he wanted us to visit. I was excited and couldn't wait for us to find a home in Boston.

My relationship with Bethany was getting better but the fact remains that she is very different from me. Noah's room is nice but I can't wait until we can sit at our own table to eat instead of in the cafeteria. I can't wait to be able to spend a whole weekend in my pajamas without being afraid of meeting anyone other than Noah. And ultimately, I look forward to being able to go to bed and wake up next to Noah every day.

So we started our visits on Thursday afternoon. Most apartments were too small or too far from the university to walk. My favorite was definitely the one in the building where Chloe and Rebecca live. The entrance was made of marble. There was an indoor swimming pool and also an outdoor one in a small garden surrounded by deck chairs and a tennis court. A gym was installed on the ground floor. The apartment was spacious with an open-plan kitchen and living room. The floors were wooden and the kitchen counters were marble. A gas fireplace sat in the middle of the living room and a large patio door opened onto a large balcony where you could easily place a table, a deck chair and a BBQ. There were two good sized bedrooms. The bathroom was spacious with a glass shower and whirlpool bath. I was seduced! I could easily see us living here. Having our friends over for dinner or our families visiting. After almost a year without a home, I could easily see myself calling this place home. But, I had to know what Noah thinks about it.

The agent gave us a few minutes to chat :
- What do you think, Noah?
- I like the location and on-site services. Having the swimming pool and the gym could allow me to train here rather than going back to the sports center. But above all I want to know what you think about it." he said to me, putting his hands around my waist. "If it's not the place for you, it's not the place for us.
- I also like the location and the services. I find it really cozy and I can easily see us entertaining friends and even family here. I think this is a place I could call home.
- So in that case, that's all I wanted to hear!" He said to me, caressing my cheek.
- Have we found our home?
- We found our home," he said, taking me in his arms and spinning me around the room.

I felt so adult! We signed the papers and paid the deposit. It was becoming more and more concrete and I was really looking forward to moving. After all that, I really didn't want to go back to the dorm. I was surprised when Noah told me he had booked us a hotel room in downtown Boston.

We treated ourselves to a weekend in Boston like we did more than a year ago when I came in the fall to see Noah during his first year. It was special because at that time it was autumn and now it is spring. I had just experienced all the seasons in Boston and even though I didn't particularly like the severe cold, I liked the snow and winter sports. I didn't appreciate the non-stop rain of autumn but the colors in the trees are absolutely magnificent. The muddy ground in spring is unpleasant but a flowering tree is magical! Each season has its good and bad sides and I was happy to have experienced them. I think I will always love the sun and the beach of LA but there are some exciting things about experiencing all 4 seasons.

We went for a walk along the Charles River hand in hand to the waterfront and I reveled in the sight of the flowering trees on the shore. The promenade on the southern edge of the river is very well laid out with its small islands and small bridges. The sun was shining and the warmth on my face gave me energy.