Shadows

What happened Tasia? Are you okay? Are you hurt? I ask desperately filled with concern, making sure I don't have to call 911.

I need to sit down please. We walk over to the stairs being that it was the closest.

I help her sit down slowly and remain standing with paranoia arising. She pulls me to her and rest her head on my stomach.

Promise you won't think I'm crazy, she muffles into my silk pajamas. I won't baby, just tell me. I rub my hands through her hair trying to comfort her.

After you left, I looked over the papers and called my lawyer so we can look it over together. I was going to the kitchen to clean up and get ready for bed. I saw a little boy standing in the middle of the kitchen. Although filled with fear mostly, I was concerned. I tried to get a better look at him so I walked closer. He walked away and took a seat at the island. I thought in this position I could see him better but it was all a blur. He got up and walked to the hallway near the garage door and vanished.

I hear her let out an exaggerated breath and she moves herself closer towards me.

Tasia baby, if you move any closer imma fall. I say with a chuckle.

Sorry. She loosens up a bit. Can I see your hands? She gives me her hands and I crouch down to her, eye level. Staring in her eyes I place both of her hands in one, freeing one of my hands to caress her face.

Tasia, you are not crazy. I think if anyone had seen what you did they would have the same response. I offer her a smile and cup her chin. You are also dealing with a lot. The divorce and losing your son, that will shake up anyone. I don't know what you saw but I believe you. You can stay here with me for as long as you need. I reassure her rubbing her arm up and down.

Thank you T, she grabs my neck swiftly catching me off guard and I lose my balance. We both end up on the ground with her on top of me. We erupt with laughter at our position. I knew you were going push me on the ground whether I wanted you to or not. I say playfully hitting her arm and sitting up.

She was still laying on the floor in laughter.

Alrightt now, are you hungry? I say trying to end her laughing fit.

Nah, I'm all good. She says sitting up. Can I sleep with you tonight? I'm still frazzled by everything that happened.

Of course baby, now help me up. She positions herself to get up and has to use the stairs to support her. I chuckle looking at her attempt.

Do you want help getting up or not? She looks back at me with furrowed brows.

Girl yes, I'm old and this floor is cold.

She grabs my hand and helps pull me up. Thank you sugah.

Why you always call me baby and sugah?  She asks.

I don't know, I feel like it fits. It's fitting. I say with a shrug never really paying it any mind, it just comes out naturally.

Why? Do you not like it? I flutter my eyes waiting to hear her response.

I love it. It show how much you love me.

I pull her into me, sending her crashing into my side. She grabs a hold of my waist and I gently rub circles around her back.

I do love you. I say exhaling and yawning at the same time. I also love my bed too. She chuckles while letting me go.

Let's go to bed. I say with a wink. I put my hand out for her to grab and we head upstairs.