Breakthrough

The next morning, my little sister, Brittany, came into my room, "Wake up, wake up.. Its Christmas!" she said shaking me and Isaiah. I woke up, "Ok Brit. We'll be in there in a minute."

I got up and put on my pink shirt and told Isaiah to get up. I went to use the bathroom, I fixed my hair into a bun. I went into the living room and saw Brit, B, my mom, and my aunt. Brit was by the tree.

"Ok, there she is. Can we open them now?" Brit asked when I walked in. My aunt laughed, "No Brit. We gotta eat first, baby." She got up and went into the kitchen.

"Are Erica and Amaya up?" I asked her as I walked in the kitchen. She shook her head. I sat down at counter. She was cooking breakfast casserole. "What do you need me to do?" I asked her. She sighed and turned around, "you really wanna know?" she said sternly.

I was almost scared to, but I nodded. She sighed again, "I need you to grow up. I mean come on Brianna. How long are you going to keep this up?" I knew what she was talking about, but I played dumb anyways, "What are you talking about?"

She lowered her voice, "You know exactly what I'm talking about, you and your dad. Come on Brianna. I need you to sit down like an adult and have a conversation with the man. Yea I know that he's the adult, but you're going to have to be one very soon."

I put my head down as I was listening to her. "I understand, and I'll talk to him as soon as we have a moment alone together. But please, not today. I at least wanna enjoy today." I told her. She nodded her head and went back to cooking. "Ok, whatever. Just as long as you do it before that baby comes." She said. "Yes ma'am." I told her.

A few minutes later, breakfast was ready, and everyone was up. We ate breakfast, and sat around in the living room. The radio on the TV was on the Christmas station. "Ok, can we do it now." Brit asked. My mom laughed, and said we could.

She started jumping, and went to pass out the presents. "To Aunt Janay, from B." She said giving aunt Janay her gift. Then she handed me my gift from Isaiah. He got me a custom made gold bracelet. It was engraved, I love you, forever and always, merry Christmas, Isaiah.

"Awwe. This is so sweet. I love it and I love you too." I said giving him a hug and a kiss. Then he put the bracelet on my wrist, and we opened the rest of our presents.

After gift opening, we all got dressed to go outside and play in the snow. My little cousins, Jordan and Jasmine, and Brittany were the first out there. They were making snowmen, and snowangels.

I had on my white sweater, Calvin Klein jeans, and my knees high black boots. I put on my black heavy coat, and my black and white beanie hat.

I went outside and stared taking pictures. I got a picture with all the family. I posted it on Twitter and captioned it, Having a great Christmas with the family.. Merry Christmas everyone.

After about an hour of playing in the snow, we went back inside to eat s'mores and drink hot chocolate. After about four more hours of talking and laughing, we decided to go home.

My aunts and cousins all left. It was just my aunt, mom, dad, my brother and sister, and me. "Hey, Brit and B.. Can you help me clean up? You too Isaiah." My aunt asked walking into the kitchen. They followed her.

We were watching Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. When it went to commercial, I started the conversation. "Umm.. Dad, I think we should talk." I said pausing the movie.

He cleared his throat, but was still looking at the TV screen. My mom turned to me, "Ok, sweetie, what do you wanna talk about?" she said grabbing my hands.

"Ok, I just wanna say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the disappointments. I want you to know that I didn't do this on purpose, I never meant to hurt either one of you. But, with everything that we have been through, you do have to think about what you have done to me." I said. I was looking at my mom but I was really talking to my dad.

My dad finally looked at me, but he had an anoyedy look on his face. " 'What we've done to you?' And what exactly did we do to you?" He said sternly.

I sighed, "Well, I mean after mom left, you distanced yourself from me. You shut down, and shut me out. You neglected me so much that I got molested and you didn't even notice it. Then you weren't there for me, you never were." I started to get mad tears in my eyes.

"I was never there for you, who raised you, who put a roof over your head, food on the table, clothes on your back?" He said to me getting frustrated, which was making me more frustrated. I started to get even more mad. I shot up, and started yelling at him.

"YOU DIDN'T FUCKING RAISE ME!! MY GODDAMN AUNT DID! AND JUST BECAUSE I LIVED WITH YOU DIDNT MEAN YOU TOOK CARE OF ME! I HAD TO GROW UP FASTER THAN I FUCKING WANTED TO! I WAS THE ONE WHO TOOK CARE OF BRIT! I WAS THE ONE WHO CHANGED HER DIAPERS, TAUGHT HER HOW TO WALK, TALK, ALL OF THAT SHIT!...AND WERE YOU THERE.. HELL NO! YOU WERE OFF GETTING DRUNK, OR WORKING! THATS ALL YOU EVER DID! GET DRUNK, WORK, SLEEP! MY AUNT RAISED ME AND B, YOU DIDNT! I RAISED BRIT, YOU DIDNT! YEAH YOU GAVE ME A PLACE TO LIVE BUT THAT DONT MEAN SHIT!"

By then they both were standing up. My mom had to calm me down because I was shaking. My dad got quiet he sat back down and started rubbing his beard. "I didn't even realize it. Bri, I'm sorry. You're right, I guess, I was a dead beat after your mom left. And I did over react a little when I found out you were pregnant. I'm sorry Bri. I hope you can forgive me."

I went over to the couch he was sitting at, and grabbed his hand. "You are my dad, we are family, and I already forgave you. But with everything that we've been through together, I just hope that you can forgive me. I know that I cause you hell. We've been through so many things back in our day, I want us to start over again. I'll do better, and you do better. I just want to be daddys little princess again. Deal?" I said holding out my fist.

He smiled, and said, "deal and I'm sorry.. I really am." as we did our handshake. I turned to my mom to see her crying. "Now, I only have one question for you mom.." She nodded, "Why did you leave me?"

She put her head down, "Well, baby.. I left because I was going through a rough time in my life, and I needed to get away. I..I.. I'm sorry, I should have never even left you. This probably would've never happened if I didn't leave. I should've been there for all of you kids. I'm sorry."

We started crying and hugging. When we got finished with all the mushy stuff, I said, "Well, I think we just made a breakthrough. Ok, let's just promise each other that no matter what life throws our way, we will always come together, and forgive. No matter what, we will stick together." I told them both.

"Deal." They said at the same time. We walked into the kitchen, and Isaiah and B were washing the dishes. My aunt Janay was making cookies, and Brit was helping..or more like eating the cookie dough. "Hey. I think that I'm ready to go." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

Isaiah turned around drying off his hands. His shirt was all wet, "Ok, I'll be there after I finish washing these few dishes." He smiled and turned back around.

I walked back into my room, and started to pack. I was thinking about the conversation I just had. A few seconds later, Isaiah walked in. He gave me a hug and bent down grabbing my tummy. "Hey peanut, can me and mommy talk for a minute alone... What's that?... We can't, well try to be quiet, ok? Ok." He said softly.

I started to giggle, "What do you wanna talk about?" I asked when he got up. "What were you talking about in there, I mean I went into the kitchen, and next thing I knew, I hear you and your dad screaming at each other. I tried to go in there but your aunt told me to let you two work it out...so..what did you two talk about?"

I sat down and told him, I started to softly cry when I was telling it. He wiped my tears, and started hugging me. He was telling me everything was gonna be okay. I started packing again. When we finished packing, and put or things in the car, we ate some cookies before we left.

After we got finished eating cookies, we left to go home. When we got home, the first thing I did was took a shower. It felt so good to wash away everything. I felt so refreshed.

After I got out the shower, I climbed in the bed. "Ugh." I said in my pillow. Isaiah rubbed my back, "What's wrong, Bri?" He asked me. I turned over, "nothing. I just wanna be held right now." I told him.

He pulled me into him, and kissed my forehead. I cried myself to sleep in his shirt without making a sound.