Holding On

The next morning I woke up, used the bathroom, and went into the kitchen to fix breakfast. Isaiah was still on the couch. I fixed some pancakes, toast with grape jelly, and fruit. Skai came in as soon as I got finished with the toast.

"Morning." She groggily said. "Hey, you hungry?" I said to her grabbing a plate from the cabinet. She nodded, "Yeah. Um, what's Isaiah doin on the couch?" She asked sitting down at the table.

"Oh.. Um I wanna teach him a lesson about last night. Don't worry about it." I said placing a plate in front of her. Then I sat down across from her to eat breakfast.

When we got done, we put our plates in the sink. "Hey, I was gonna do a little baby shopping today, and I was wondering if you wanted to tag along, you know." I said to Skai.

She nodded and I went into my room to get dressed. I put on my pink polo shirt, my knee length jean shorts, and I grabbed my pink converses as best as I could.

I put my pink chiffon lotion on, and put my hair half up half down. I brushed my teeth and did my makeup. When I got finished Skai wasn't done yet, so I waited for her. I texted Andy to see if she wanted to come.

Me: Hey girl. Whatchu up to.
Andy: Nun much. Why?
Me: Oh, I'm going shopping for baby Khaiyden today. Was wondering if you wanted to come.
Andy:Yeah I'll come. Which baby store.
Me: Giggles.. Meet us at about 12.
Andy: Aight.

Skai came out wearing my pink crop top. My white high waisted shorts, and white sandals. She had on makeup, and her curls were popping.

"You ready to go?" She asked me. "Yeah, you look nice." I said back. She said thank you, and her dimple started to show. That made her look even more pretty. "Awwee, you have a dimple. You know, I love people with dimples." She looked at Isaiah, and we started laughing.

"Um, can you help me put on my shoes, its kinda hard, considering." I asked her, and she came to help me. I thanked her and then we left. By then it was ten till. I pulled up at the same time Andy did.

"Hey Andy." I said giving her a hug. "Hey. My, my you have gotten big." She said dubbing my belly. "Oh, I know. Don't remind me." Then we laughed and Skai came walking behind me.

"Oh. Andy, this is Skai. Skai, Andy." Then Andy gave her a hug. "How d-" I cut off her question because I knew what she was going to ask.

"Oh. She's Isaiah's cousin. She's staying with us for a while." I told Andy. Any other information will have to come from Skai. We walked into the store, and I grabbed a cart andwent to the boy's section.

"Awwe. This is so cute." I said holding up a blue and green plaid shirt with a little bow tie around the collar. "Yeah, I like that." Skai said. I put it back down.

"But I'm really not her veto buy clothes. I'm honing to get plenty of clothes, sooner or later. I'm here to buy the things that I need now." I said going over to the cribs.

"Yeah, I get it." Andy said. We picked out a cute little brown crib, a red and black car seat, and a blue stroller. I also got a few outfits and some diapers. We loaded them into the back of Andy's car, since ig was bigger than mine.

"I'm hungry. Do you wanna go get something to eat?" I asked Skai pulling off. "Sure. I could eat something." She said. I pulled out my phone and called Andy and hooked it up to the car.

Andy: Hello
Me: Hey. We're hungry.
Andy: Ok, where we gonna eat.
Me: It doesn't matter to me.
Andy: How about John's Pizzeria?
Me: Sounds good. Meet you in a minute.

I put my phone away, and headed over to John's Pizzeria. We pulled up after Andy did, then we want inside, sat down and started to eat.

After we ate, we paid for the pizzas, and drove back to my apartment. I unlocked the door, and walked back to the car. Andy and Skai grabbed the crib and stroller, and I grabbed the clothes and diapers.

"Where to put this?" Andy asked walking in behind me. I led them to Kaiden's room and put the stuff in there. After that, I finally noticed that Isaiah was in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

"Where were you?" He asked me after Andy left and Skai was in her room. "I went baby shopping." I said walking into my room. I stopped in the middle of the door way.

There were chocolates and my favorite flowers on the bed, blue orchids, and right beside it was a giant teddy bear. I turned around and Isaiah was standing right behind me.

"Awwe baby. You did this for me." I cooed at him. He smirked and nodded. "That's so sweet." I said walking in the room. He started to walking behind me. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him, as he was about to hug me. "What? I can't give my baby some sugar." He said trying to hug me still.

I pushed him off of me. "No. I don't want you to just think you gonna get off that easy. Hell nah. I told your ass to stay here, but no. You just had to go out and beat this dude up. And you had to get arrested. Isaiah, this baby is coming soon. Whether you like it or not. And I need to kn-"

He gabbed my face making my lips pucker up. Then he kissed me, and I didn't need to say anything else. He pulled away, "I know Bri. I messed up. I'm sorry. I know you don't want me doing this stuff. And I won't, I promise, and I'm going to be here for you and Kaiden. I'm sorry Bri, and I love you."

Then he kissed me again and we hugged. "I love you too." I told him as he went back into the kitchen to finish his sandwich. I put the chocolates in my top drawer and the flowers in a vase.

I went into the kitchen and fixed me some ramen noodles. I went into the living room and sat down next to Isaiah. We were watching my favorite movie, Step Up 3. Then we fell asleep in each others arms.