Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning my friends, Aliayah, Kalaya, and Andy were in my room. They were all kind of teary-eyed. I knew that they knew everything. Andy looked at me and said," so your really pregnant, huh?" I answered her,with a very small smile, "Yeah."

               Kalaya touched my stomach and said," Hayy little baby. I'm your auntie Kalaya." I laughed that girl is so crazy. Andy came and gave me a hug. She started to cry. So I said," Girl don't cry. You gonna make me cry." We all laughed. Aliayah then said," I don't wanna be rude or anythang like that but, who's the daddy?" She so crazy but in a good way. "It's Isaiah Walker." I said.

                  "Oh my god! The most popular guy in school!" They all said at the same time. Then we all laughed. I nodded my head. Then I said," I wanna be the one to tell him,so please do not tell him or anyone else in school." They shook their heads in agreement.

                 My doctor walked in. He said, "Well, good news ladies. Miss Brianna here gets to go home soon. We just need to check a few more things and if everything is ok she'll be out of here in no time." I said," Thanks Dr. Brown." He smiled and walked out.

                 Aliayah looked at me and said," that certainly was some good news. Maybe you should call your aunt to come pick you up."  Then Andy said," Yeah that's a good idea.  We'll leave you some privacy. Love you girl. Text wheneva." She gave me a hug and walked out the door. Kalaya and Aliayah told me they loved me, gave me a hug, and left.

             I called my aunt Janay. "Auntie, the doctor told me that I could go home today. All they had to do is check so things and if it's all good I could go home. I was wondering if you could come get me. Just you please." She said, "Ok baby I'm on my way. I love you Bri." "Love you too." I said and we hung up.

                           *8 minutes later*

            I heard a knock on the door. I yelled, "who is it?" "Your aunt." My aunt hollered from the other side. I smiled as I opened the door. "Hay, I'm glad you came." She gave me a hug. " could you help me pack?" She said "Sure, where's your stuff?" I said, "Right here," as I was puting my stuff on the bed.

              We had just gotten done packing when the doctor came in. "Everything looks good. I see your ready to go home.I'm glad I could help. Here is a good doctor that I recommend for you. You will probably need a check up in about two weeks." He said. "Thank you so much," I said. He said," So glad I could help." Then he walked out.

        My aunt and I left the hospital. When we got home, my whole family was at the house. There were 'welcome home' balloons all over the place. All my aunts and uncles swarmed me with hugs. My grandma hugged me and she had a look on her face. A look as if she knew that I was pregnant.

         I knew that nobody else knew because my aunt told me on the way home that they didn't tell anybody. My aunt Ja'net said," We prepared a good dinner for you. We have mac and cheese, grilled chicken, green beans, and your favorite part, the cornbread. Let's all gather 'round."

        Everyone went into the living room and made a big circle. My uncle Henry said a small prayer and we started eating. That's a shame. Most of my family are church people, and I'm partying, and doing anything but going to church. While we were eating dinner my aunt told me I should go ahead and tell them I was pregnant. I mean they're going to know any way so I did.

        I walked into the dinning room and said,"Everyone, I kinda have something I need to tell you all." They all turned to look at me. Its kinda awkward having everyone in a huge room staring at you. I then said,"I'm pregnant." Everyone gasped. I was very lucky to have a good family, but even that has their down sides. Some of my cousins whispered and said,"I wonder who the dad is." Some of my aunts asked me if I were keeping the baby. I said to them," I am keeping this baby. You may not know him but the father is Isaiah Walker. I am going to raise the baby to the best if my ability. Whether it's with your support or not. But if you could please do me one favor, don't tell Isaiah."

         I started to cry then. A lot of my cousins my age hugged me. My aunts told me that they were there for me. My grandma even seemed ok with it. I was very lucky that I have such a supportive family. I love them.

       When the dinner was over all the adults were cleaning up downstair. My two favorite cousins, Amaya and Erica, and I were in my room talking. My cousin Amaya said,"So the dad is Isaiah? Dang girl, you scored big time. He is the star quarterback, fine as hell, and he is the most popular guy in the entire school." We just laughed. "Yeah I know. But I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I mean don't get me wrong, I do want this baby. But the timing is all off." I said to her. "Yeah I feel you on that one." My cousin Erica said.

           Isaiah really was fine as hell though. He was tall brown skinned, has very curly hair, and deep dimples when he talks. He has the cutest smile. He's does that when he gets with people likes.

      After about two more hours of talking about me and the pregnancy. It was time for everyone to leave. I was a little worn out from today. I took an extra long shower while I was listening to my favorite Pandora station. I put on my spongebob pajama shorts and a tank top and layed down. I cryed myself to sleep that night thinking about everything that I've been through.