Best Present

---------- 5 weeks later ----------

Not much has changed in the past few weeks. Skai had to stay with me during the day while Isaiah was at school or work, and Isaiah takes care of me at night. My due date is now three weeks away. Being in the bed and home all the time made me go into a depression phase.

I've gotten so huge. Baby Kaiden dropped so I knew that he was coming soon. I've gotten so many stretch marks.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Brianna. Happy birthday to you." Isaiah said to me as I woke up. He gave me a chocolate cupcake with a candle in it. "And happy mothers day too baby." Then he gave me a kiss.

"I'm sorry its not more." He started, but I shook my head. "No, don't be silly. Its perfect. Any birthday with you is all I need. I love you so much. And Kaiden is going to have the best daddy in the world. I kinda wish he was here too." I told him giving him a kiss.

He started rubbing my belly. "I know, wouldn't that be cool if he was born on your birthday." He said then he put his ear on my belly. "Hey little peanut. We want you to come out. Mommy and I are ready to meet you." He said kissing my belly.

Kaiden kicked, and Isaiah started to massage my feet, and he kicked some more. "Mm, the baby likes this." I told him rubbing my stretch marks.

"Oh, he does." Isaiah said rubbing some more. Kaiden kicked twice more. "Baby boy fighting in there." I said to Isaiah rubbing my belly. I sat up, and Isaiah crawled beside me.

"Its kinda uncomfortable." I said grabbing my back. "Is it time?" Isaiah said rubbing my back. "I don't know. The doctor told me about these Braxton- Hicks contractions. There the body's way of practice." I said rubbing my stomach as the pain continued.

"If it is, you should probably get a bag packed. You know, to be prepared. But first, get Skai in here." I told him. Then another one came.

He ran out of the room and a few seconds later, he and Skai came in. "Oh my gosh Bri. Is this it?" Skai asked sitting next to me. "I don't know, my water hasn't broken yet." I said as she was rubbing my back.

Isaiah got my duffle bag from the closet and placed it on the bed. "Ok, what to pack?" He said looking at me. "Um, get a few outfits for Kaiden. And get my toiletries." I told him.

He went out and came back. "Oh, there it goes again." I said hitting my back. Skai rubbed my back. "Ok, what else?" Isaiah said after he put the stuff in. "Get my sweats, and slides, and let's go." I told him rubbing my stomach.

He put the clothes in and they helped me up. Welwere walking out and we heard a pop noise. "What was that?" Skai asked. "I don't know come on." I said grabbing her hand.

Then I felt a discharge like if I was on my period. Then a few seconds later, I felt a big swoosh come from between my legs. I looked at Isaiah. "Uh oh... My water just broke." I said. Then we rushed out the door and into the car.

I sat in the back with Skai as Isaiah drove to the hospital. By time we got there, I was in so much pain. Everything was hurting. I had pressure on my back and my abdominal area.

I sat down in a wheelchair and Isaiah rolled me to the elevator. "Call my aunt and Andy. Tell them to tell everyone else that its time." I told them as we rolled down to the desk.

"My girlfriend is in labor. Her name is Brianna Rosemary." Isaiah said to the woman behind the desk. She nodded. "Ah, yes. Room 728." she said pointing down the hall.

He rolled me down the hall into the room. Skai stayed in the hall and called everyone. A few minutes later, Dr. Hamilton came in. "How we doing?" She said putting gloves on.

"It hurts" I whined. "Oh, really." She said lifting my gown. "It looks like you are dilated 1 cm. Its not too late to get epidural. Would you like one?" share asked me. I nodded as another contraction came on.

Skai came in, "Ok, your aunt, dad, and mom just said that they were on they're way. Andy said she was on her way too. She said she would call Aliayah and Kalaya. Do you need me to do anything else?" She said in a panic tone of voice.

"Nothing." I said sqeezing Isaiah's hand. A few minutes later, I got the epidural, and everyone showed up. The doctor came back in, "Excuse me. But only one other two other people are allowed in the room." She said to everyone.

"I only want Isaiah." I said to everyone and they left. "You got this baby girl." My aunt said giving me a hug and then she left.

"Ok. It looks like you're ready to push." She said getting her tools. I grabbed Isaiah's hand. "Are you ready?" She asked me. I looked up at Isaiah and I nodded.

"Ok, push." She told me. I did as told. A few pushes later, I felt a relief on my body and heard it. His beautiful, tiny cry. "And its a boy." Dr. Hamilton said holding him up.

"You want yo do the honors?" She asked Isaiah handing him the pair of scissors, and he cut off the umbilical cord. Then she took him over to a table to clean him and weigh him.

Then she wrapped him in a blanket and placed him in my arms. "The perfect birthday present for you. Kaiden Dre Walker. Born May 8, 2016 at 3:42 p.m. Coming in at 7 pounds 2 ounces." Isaiah said smiling.

I couldn't help but smile. He was the perfect birthday present.The doctor left out the room and my family came following in.
They cooed over him. "Oh, Brianna. He's precious." Skai said. "I know. Do you want to hold him?" I asked her. She nodded and I handed him to her and relaxed.

They passed him around and back to me. I love him so much. "Awwe, he's so perfect. I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world. And I can't see my future any different." I said looking at Isaiah. He was laying next to me.

He smiled and I looked back at a sleeping Kaiden. "I could. Marry me." He said. "No." I said still looking at the baby. Then I looked at him, and he looked confused. "I'm just kidding." I told him laughing. He started laughing too.

"I thought you were serious." He told me. "I know you did." He said smiling. "I would love to marry you. I thought you'd never ask." I told him giving him a kiss. Then Kaiden started to whimper. "Oh, you like that, huh?" I said smiling at Kaiden.

I love him so much. He was the best present anyone could ask for. He was the best wrong decision that I have made. I wouldn't trade it for anything.