Why?

I didn't know when it was when I woke up, but I was in the hospital. Isaiah was right there beside me shaking and holding my hand. He stopped shaking when he saw that I was up. He smiled and instantly came to give me a hug.

"Oh my gosh Bri. I'm so happy you're awake. How do you feel?" He told me. "Drained, my head and stomach hurts, and I feel like I have a hangover. How long was I out." I admited to him. "Only over night, but long enough scare the hell out of everybody. Hold on, I'll go get the nurse." He said walking out the door.

A few minutes later, he came back with the nurse. She was older, around her mid 30s, and was short. "Well hello Brianna. I'm nurse Allen, I'll be taking care of you, making sure you aren't getting worse, all that good stuff." She said checking my I.v and pushing buttons.

"I need to ask you a question. Do you think you can handle that?" She asked me. I liked her, she was nice. I nodded. "So, do you have any pains anywhere?" She said looking at her computer, then at me smiling.

"Well, it hurts in my stomach and my head hurts as well." I told her pointing to where my bruise was. "Your stomach hurts because you had to have surgery right there." She told me, and then she typed something on her computer.

I must've looked confused, because she kept going. "Well, you had internal bleeding in that area, which caused the swelling. You were lucky you got here when you did. The doctors said that if you would've waited any longer, that you could have died from your blood clotting up inside you." She told me.

Then she typed some more. "Now, your headache, I don't know what that's from. From the looks of it, you did bump your head pretty badly. I will go talk to the doctor to see what he wants to do. I'll be right back." She got her things, and left.

"I'm so sorry Bri." Isaiah said sitting beside me. "Why are you sorry?" I asked him holding his hand. "If I hadn't-" he started but I cut him off by shaking my head. "No, don't think like that. I'm fine now baby. Its alright." I told him, rubbing his arm, trying to calm him down.

Then he stood up and let out a big huff. "What's wrong now." I asked him trying to sit up. He just shook his head. "I just can't believe that nigga had the fucking audacity to come to my home and. Ugh! That just erks me." He said not looking at me. Then he turned to me, "Did he do anything besides almost beat you to death?" He asked walking towards me.

"I'm not going to tell you, cause I don't want you to get even more upset." I told him grabbing his arm. He shook his head, "Brianna, I am already pissed off. I don't want to do anything because they already locked him up. But if you don't tell me, I don't know what I'm going to do because you not telling me is probably telling me more than what actually happened. Tell me." He told me sternly.

I straightened up and he sat down looking me in my eyes. I grabbed his hand, "Before I tell you what happened, you have to promise not to get extremely upset." I told him calmly, he nodded.

I sighed, "Well, I came home, put Kaiden to bed, and got in the bed myself. I heard a noise, and went to check what it was. Next thing I knew, he's on top of me, forcing himself on me, and if I fought back, he hit me, or kicked me." I told him, and he stood up angrily.

"Dammit!" He yelled, "I'm going to press charges. I hope you know that. He had no fucking right to do that to you. Why was he even at our damn home. Oh, I'm pissed off." He said pacing around the room trying not to blow up. "Well I'm glad you didn't get upset." I said seriously but sarcastically at the same time.

He took a deep breath, calmed down, and sat beside me. "I'm sorry Bri. I just need this to process and I might be better." He told me holding my hand. I nodded, "I understand. But Isaiah you just don't know how I felt. How much I wanted to give up, how much I wanted to die. I'm angry this happened too, Isaiah. But right now, I'm just worried about getting my family some place safe. This is no way to raise a family, all these gangs, people getting killed, shit, getting raped, breaking in other people's houses. I can't take this any more Isaiah, damn." I told him and I started to cry.