Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes and eggs. I went downstairs to see my mom making breakfast. "You hungry?" She asked me. "Yeah. What's for breakfast?" I replied. She then said," I've made pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, and toast with grape jelly."

           It sounded really good. I grabbed a plate and started fixing myself breakfast. I was pouring me a glass of orange juice when my aunt came downstairs. "What smells so good?" She asked. My mom answered," pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, and toast with jelly. Want some?" 

        "Sure, I don't see why not. Are you eating any Bri?" She startled me because I was thinking about where my dad had been all this time. "Yea sure." "Something wrong?" She asked me. I nodded my head and said,"I was just wondering where daddy was. That's all."

        "Well let's eat." My mom said. Then my little cousin, Jasmine, (I kind of have a big family) came down the stairs. "What smells so good?" She said as she was rubbing her eyes.

           My aunt Janie, her mom said, " pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, and toast. If you want to eat, go get your brother and cousins up for breakfast, and tell them I sent you." She ran upstairs calling their names and waking them up. Then my aunt turned to me and said," Bri, set the table for me please."

            "Yes ma'am." I replied. I got out the plates and silverware and put them on the table for everyone. I set up a smaller table for the little kids and set that table. Then Jasmine and her brother, Jordan came down. Jasmine is five, and Jordan is seven, so they sat at the little kids table.

           After Jordan sat down, my cousins, Amaya and Erica came down. They got to stay after everyone else left. Amaya is 14 and Erica is 19. I love them to peices. Erica and I sat beside each other, across from us Amaya and aunt Janie. My mom sat at the end of the table.

          After grace and about a minute of silence.I finally spoke up. "I was thinking about telling Isaiah about the baby today." I said as I was getting a napkin. My aunt and mom both said," good" at the same time. Then I said," but I would like to do it alone... You know, I think it'll be better for me, and less stressful. But I promise you I will tell y'all everything after I get home.. Sound like a deal?"

"Deal. I was hopeing to get to go with you." Erica said. So I replied, " You would have, I just really think its better if I do this on my own. I'm sorry Erica. Besides you already know you're gonna be the first person I tell.

    She smiled at that. My mom finally said," I agree, plus I think its gonna teach you a little responsibility of your own.. Awwe your growing g up. That's great. I'm proud that you decided to do this on your own."

    I said," Thanks. I'm gonna go upstairs and get dressed. As soon as I get home I'll tell y'all everything I promise." I put my dishes in the sink, went upstairs and started to pick out an outfit. It's in the middle of November, so I gotta dress warm.

     I picked out my joggers, my black and red polo shirt, and my black and red KDs. I got in the shower and listened to Drunk Texting, So Special, and Don't Mind. I got out, got dressed, and text Isaiah.

Can I meet you at the park by the swings? Please, I need to talk to you. Its really important. Text back ASAP. Thanks. I sent him the text and walked to the park hopeing he would come.

A/N: *Sorry for the wait, I was just busy, and life was hard. Anyways hope you enjoyed this part, and will read more. Thanks