Deeper Cuts

"Well hello Brianna. I'm glad that you're finally awake." He said closing the door. "My name is Dr. Daniels." He said shaking my hand.

"Um. Is everything alright." I asked him sitting up. "Well there's worse, bad and good news." He said changing his facial expression yo serious."Can I hear it worse, bad then good, please." I said getting a little worried.

"Well, first thing, you are slightly anemic, which explains the fainting. And you almost lost the baby. But, you didn't so. But now you have to be put on bed rest. Your body isn't strong enough for you to stay active all day, and keep the baby inside until your due date. You've got to.stay off your feet as much as possible, and stay away from as much stress as possible." He said to me.

I started to cry, I can't believe that I almost lost the baby. "It'll be ok Brianna. Your OB/GYN will visit you at least one a week. You'll get taken care of. I'm sure that Isaiah here will take care of you too. It'll be fine." He said trying to comfort me.

"But the good news is that if a few more of these tests clear, you'll be out of here in the next few days." He said smiling. "Thank you." I said smiling. Then he left.

I started to cry and Isaiah got in the bed beside me and started to hug me. "Its ok Bri." was all he said. "No, its not ok Isaiah. Its all my fault. What? I can't even keep a baby inside. Uh." And I cried some more.

Isaiah hugged me some more, "Its not your fault baby. You are doing the best you can. Its just that you've been under a lot of pressure and really stressed out lately. If anything, its my fault. I'm sorry Bri." He said hugging me.

Then my mom and aunt came in the room. "Hey baby girl, how you doing?" My aunt said walking over to give me a hug. "Well, I almost lost the baby and now they put me on bed rest." I told her.

She gasped and gave me another hug. "Oh my gosh baby. Are you all right?" My aunt asked giving me a hug. I nodded, "Yeah, you know what I always say. Just a minor setback for a major comeback." I said smiling.

"Well, what happened? Like how did you almost loose Kaiden?" My mom asked. "Well, they say that I've been stressed too much and my body isn't strong enough to handle all that pressure." I said tearing up again."Oh, baby. I'm so sorry." She said giving me a hug. "Its ok." I said.

---------- 2 days later ----------

"Ok Brianna. Everything looks fine. You are good to go." Dr. Daniels told me. "Thank you." I said as he walked out the room. I turned to Isaiah. "We can go now. I'm so ready to get out of here." I said to him sitting up.

He walked out the room and came back with a wheelchair. "Alright, you ready?" He asked me. I nodded and got into the wheelchair. He rolled me to the elevator, and to the car. He got in and started driving home.

The song Bitch Better Have My Money by Rhianna was on. I turned it down. "What'd you do that for?" Isaiah said. "I wanna talk to you." I said rubbing my belly.

"Ok. What you wanna talk about?" He said turning the radio all the way off. "Once upon a time, you said that you didn't want our child to have the same daddy problems you did." I started off. He nodded. "What did you mean by that?" I asked him.

He sighed, "Well, I don't really like to talk about it." He said. I grabbed his hand, "Baby, you can tell me anything. You know that right?" I said to him. He nodded.

"Well, when I was about five or six, my dad started to do drugs, and became an alcoholic. My mom threatened to leave, and take me with her, and he still didn't quit. Then he finally left. He said he was going to the store but he never came back. I guess I was the one who missed him the most, because I sat there at that door, and I waited, waited..and I've been waiting ever since." He said, his voice breaking.

I rubbed his arm,"Oh, baby. I'm sorry." I told him. He continued, "And its not something you get used to, you just learn to deal with it, you know. But to top it all off, he had the audacity to get married, and wait for it.. He didn't even tell me until like a lot of time afterwards. That just mad me mad, I really don't like talking about him, but I figured you would have to know sooner or later." He told me.

I grabbed his hand, "I'm so sorry Isaiah. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I guess now we can count on neither one of us leaving because we know how it feels to be abandoned. I love you, and that's all that matters." I told him. He nodded, "I love you more peanut." He said leaning over to give me a kiss, and we rode the rest of the way home in silence.

He got out and helped me into our apartment. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. "You need anything?" Isaiah said. "I'm kinda hungry. Can you get me some pickles and peanut butter?" I asked him.

He went to the kitchen and got it for me. Then he sat down beside me as I started to eat my snack. "What do you want to watch?" I asked him laying on his chest.

"What ever you want to watch, Bri." He said hugging me. Then I turned the TV to I Think I Love My Wife and we watched it together.

A few minutes later, Skai came in. "Oh my gosh, Bri you're back." Shae said coming over to give me a hug. "I heard what happened, and I am so sorry. I would've come visit you but-" I cut her off. "No, its fine. No offence, but I really didn't want anybody to see me that way. Its alright." I told her.

She smiled and went into her room. "I gotta go pee." I told Isaiah. "You can turn off the TV and go into the room with me." I told him getting up to use the bathroom.

After I did my business, I went into our room. Isaiah was watching Think Like A Man Too. I changed from my sweats to my pajamas.

I layed down next to Isaiah and he gave me a kiss. I then took a nap. "Brianna wake up." Isaiah said shaking me awake. "What?" I asked him rubbing my eyes.

"I fixed you something to eat." Isaiah said handing me a plate. He fixed me a sandwich and chips. "I know its not much but you gotta eat." He said as I took a bite.

I shook my head. "No, its fine. Thank you." I said wiping my mouth. I gave him a peck, and finished my sandwich. He took the plate back into the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" Isaiah said laying down beside me. "I'm just tired." I said giving him a half smile. Then I got a little more comfortable on his chest and fell back to sleep.