Why? Pt. 2

Isaiah sighed, "Well. She was going to come today, but there are some police coming to ask you about what happened. I told her maybe today after that." He said not really looking at me.

I huffed, "Why today? How come they couldn't wait until I'm healed, or at least home. Damn." I said out of frustration. "Well I don't know but I can see if we can postpone it until you are ready to." He said sitting beside me.

"Could you?" I asked him smiling. He nodded, "Yeah I'm sure they'll understand." He said getting up. "Are you gonna stay with me today?" I asked him sitting up.

"I don't know. I don't have to work today.. Yeah I can. But do you want Skai to come or nah?" He told me pulling his phone out.

I nodded and he dialed her number walking out the room. A few moments later, he came back in the room. "My mom said that Skai would be here in a little while." He told me climbing in bed next to me.

"Ok. I'm hungry babe." I told him looking up at him with a pouty face asking him to get me something. He looked at me and started smiling at me. "Whatchu want Bri?" He asked me.

"Well, some good food food would be nice, but I can't eat it so, just oatmeal or grits. This hospital food is nasty." I said making a face. He smiled and got up. "Alright. I'll be right back. I love you." He said giving me a kiss. "I love you too babe." I told him.

A few minutes after he left, Skai and Patience cane in the room. "Hey Bri." She said cautiously putting Patience on the floor. "Hey. How are you?" I asked her sitting up. She just smiled, "I should be asking you that. Listen, I'm sorry about Trenton." She told me sitting down next to me.

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done." I told her. Tears started to go down her face, and she smiled at me, grabbing my hand. "Thank you.. For everything." She said.

I nodded. "I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've been thinking on how to tell you this." She trailed off not looking at me. "What?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "I'm moving away. I can't keep putting people I love in danger like this. I gotta protect my daughter, my family, and myself. I have a friend in California that I'm going to stay with. I need to start fresh." She told me.

"Why California?" I asked her honesty concerned. "Well, you kinda gave me the idea. I just want a better future for me and Pay. I mean why not California. But its not like we aren't going to loose touch. I'll call you, or you can call me. But if no one else understands where I'm coming from, it should be you." She told me.

I nodded, "when are you moving?" I asked her. She shrugged, "I'm not really sure at the moment, but sometime in the next few months." She told me.

There was a long silence, "I'm just trying to process this." I told her. She nodded, "I'm sorry. I just need a new start, you know."

I nodded showing her that I understood. We talked for a little while more, and she had to leave. A little while after she left, Isaiah came in the room with my food, and Kaiden.

He set Kaiden on the floor and came over to give me a kiss. "Sorry it took so long. I had gotten like two minutes away from the hospital and I had to turn all the way around to get peanut cause your ma had to leave, and couldn't bring him with her." He explained to me.

"Ok baby. What'd you get me?" I asked him.
He reached in the bag, "I got you grits and some juice." He said pulling out the food. I smiled, "Thank you." I told him.

He handed me the grits and I took a bite, "Babe. Did you know that Skai was moving away?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him. He looked at me, "She said that she wanted to be the one to tell you. I promised her that I wouldn't tell you." He told me.

"Mm." I said taking another bite of grits. He walked over to get Kaiden. "Awwe. Did my baby miss me?" I said setting my grits down, and sitting up.

He started to make gurgling sounds, and started laughing. "I'll take that as a yes." I said laughing. Isaiah placed him on my lap and we had a cute family moment.

---------- 8 weeks later ----------

We've been staying at my brother's house. I got my stiches taken out a few days ago. Right now at the moment, I'm really really sore.

"Baby, can you help me please?" I whined to Isaiah. He's been doing a lot of the heavy lifting since I can't do anything.

"Yeah, hold on." He yelled from the other room. A few seconds later, he came in the room. "Ok, Kaiden is down for a nap." He said helping me up out of bed to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry." I told him sitting down on the toilet. He shook his head, "I know you would do the same thing for me." He told me. "You need any more help." He asked me.

I shhok my head and just before he walked out, "As soon as I'm better, I promise you that I'll make it up to you." I said smirking.

He smiled and gave me a kiss, "I know you will." He said then he walked out of the room.

Sorry so short. Just a filler. What do you think about it so far?