Chapter 2

I had just gotten done eating breakfast when the doctor came in. He gave me a quick smile and my aunt Janay and mom was behind him. "Please, sit down, " he said. My mom sat in a chair across from me, while my aunt sat beside me. I sat up in my bed. The doctor then said, "My name is Dr. Brown. I am glad to meet you all, but I um... I have some thing to tell you..." he trailed off

                      "Yes, what is it Dr. Brown?" I asked a little confused. "We did multiple tests and....umm....well Brianna, you are pregnant." He said. I was shocked. I mean how could they have detected that so fast. It was just a few days ago. I knew this because Isaiah was the only person I've been with.

            " Ok could you give us a few minutes please?" My mom asked. "Sure," he smiled as he walked out.I started to cry. So did my aunt and mom. "Do you want to keep the baby?" my aunt asked. I nodded yes in reply. "Do you know who the dad is?" My mom asked this time. I again nodded. Its was a long pause of silence.

                  My aunt then said, "Ok Bri, here's what you're going to do. You will first tell the father. You will raise this baby. We will help you as much as we can. But it is your job to make sure that this baby knows its parents and to make sure that it doesn't think it was a mistake. I don't want you to ever let this baby out of your sight unless it is absolutly excusable for you to. Do you understand what I am saying to you?"

                  "Yes ma'am I understand but-"  "No buts, if you need anything we are here for you." she said giving me a hug. "Now talk to you mother. I'll be out the door if you need me," she said walking out the door. I looked over to my mom to see her crying.

                  "Brianna I'm really disappointed in you. I know this was only a mistake but I also know that you know better than this." She came over and lifted my chin up and then said, " Brianna, I know I've messed up in the past. I don't want what happened to you to happen to this baby. I know you don't either. I hope we could find a way to move past all of what happened. Brianna I want you to stay in this baby's face. I don't care what happens, you hear me.?"

              "Yes ma'am" I answered. She then smiled and left out the room. I looked down at my stomach and just though to my baby. How am I gonna tell your dad about you? I love you so much. I am gonna do everything I can to protect you from anything. I love you baby. I turned on the TV and drifted to sleep that night.