Chapter 5

As I was walking towards the park, Isaiah finally text back. Sure. What time? - Isaiah. Now. Please.- Me. Aight. I'm on my way. - Isaiah

That was our convo. I got to the park a little earlier than he did. Sitting on the bench watching all the kids play, my heart was racing. I didn't know how I was going to do this. After about five minutes I see him walking towards me calling my name.

My heart started to beat even faster, the closer he got the faster my heart was. He sat next to me. "Hayy Brianna. Wassup. What did you want to tell me?" He just bombarded me with these questions.

I finally answered," Ok, ok, ok, calm down. First I need you to know that what I am about to tell you will affect our immediate future." I paused for an answer. He nodded. "Ok, and I need you to know that I'm not forcing anything on you right now...."

"Just tell me!" He blurted out. "Ok, um.. Isaiah... I'm pregnant, and its yours." He didn't say anything for a while. We sat there in silence, my heart beating, waiting for him to respond.

He finally said,"Ok, um....well.. Are you sure?" I nodded, "its yours too." I said in a low voice. He nodded," yeah, you told me. I don't know what to say, um. Does your aunt know?"  I forgot, he didn't know about my mom being back home.

I nodded and said," yeah... And my mom is back too. My whole family knows. Isaiah, I'm honestly scared. What will people say? What if nobody wants to hang with me because I'm pregnant? What if this ruins your sports career? Isaiah, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-

He cut me off, "Brianna, don't be stupid!" It kind of caught me by surprise. I calmed down and let him talk. "Bri, I am actually excited. I don't care what other people say, all I care about is you, this baby, and our future. Brianna, I love you, I'm in love with you."

I started crying. That was the most beautiful thing any guy has ever told me. He started hugging me and let me cry on his shoulder. "Thank you Isaiah. That is relieving to know. I love you too. One last thing. How are we going to tell your parents about this?"